Quantcast

Best SS BB

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
To tell you the truth, I've had no luck with divorce-free splined BBs, and no experience with the more expensive ones. I've heard FSA makes a decent one that's not too spendy, but I gave up and went back to square-taper before getting to try it.

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
It's ISIS,I have been out of the whole bike tech scene for a while so I don't know what is new and great. I am an expierenced mechanic are there any left that you can rebuild by hand when things go wrong? I know I never had BB problems untill I started single speeding. So i figure all the torque is whats killing it. Basicaly I am lookin for something I can Fix myself or on that is gonna last longer than a season I ride this bike 24/7, 365 commute and XC. and what about external?? can you slap those puppies on anything or do they need special cranks?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the Sig XS has replaceable cartridge bearings. the BBs haven't been produced for a while now, though (2yrs or so). i have seen some on eBay occasionally.

SKF is manufacturing ISIS bbs that have a rediculous warranty of something like 10yrs. totally sealed, so you won't be able to work on them, but with a warranty like that....