Quantcast

Best tensioner for vert dropouts?

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I'm racing my mtb at our local bmx races. Since I keep winning using my rear der as a tensioner only, the "officials" said I cant race with it that way. So I need a tensioner that will last and not drop my chain. I mainly just race this bike, but I do jump also.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
pretty funny about what the officials said. check out the rennen and DMR tensioners. they are both said to be very reliable. both can be found on pricepoint and other sites i believe.

oh and i see you're from medford? i lived in klamath falls for a few years when i was really young. i really want to go back up and ride sometime.

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
Yes. When I had the Rennen, it was nothing but trouble. It would slide around and be a little bitch.
Really? Not doubting you but that is very far from the norm. I've always heard great things about the Rennen and use one myself with no issues whatsoever.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
perhaps you were the little bitch and didnt tighten it down like you were supposed to? ;) ;)
my rennen was perfect. and when i was done with it, i sold it and now someone else is using it and loving it.