Quantcast

Best way to fix a taco'd wheel

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Love that trick. I used to get that same look when I worked at a shop. Take someone's mega-dollar taco'd wheel and smash it on the shop floor.

BTW - that trick doesn't work if you hit it in the wrong spot. Quite the opposite.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Andy, remember that day at Duvall when your wheel folded over? A few smashes on the stump and a re-tensioning and your wheel was golden! Your singletrack was not ready to call it quits!!

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
funny, that's what they did when i just asked them to true my wheel...(it was pretty wobbly, but definitely not taco'd). it worked though and jerry is the man!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Andy, remember that day at Duvall when your wheel folded over? A few smashes on the stump and a re-tensioning and your wheel was golden! Your singletrack was not ready to call it quits!!
Yeah, good times!

I had to stand on a front wheel recently to straighten it out after I came to a sudden stop at a tree. I stood and shifted my weight around a couple of times and it was ready to roll.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I know this is a loaded Question! :clue:

But, what great acts of "Bikery" would you all like to see Jerry do next. Change a tire while texting? Slam a Red Bull while bleeding brakes?

Or, something more odd, like bend a derailleur hanger back with his teeth.

You come up with it, Jerry has to agree to do it, and I'll shoot it.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Jerry, are you going to Beacon? I'm sure there will plenty of opportunities for you to show your Jerryness.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I know this is a loaded Question! :clue:

But, what great acts of "Bikery" would you all like to see Jerry do next. Change a tire while texting? Slam a Red Bull while bleeding brakes?

Or, something more odd, like bend a derailleur hanger back with his teeth.

You come up with it, Jerry has to agree to do it, and I'll shoot it.
how about...sitting in a hot tub offering a 12 year old girl a beer* while overhauling a boxxer worldcup.

*he's got practice with this step so he is halfway there! :biggrin:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
you guys make me seem like an alcoholic... but a really bad ass one...

Jerry, are you going to Beacon? I'm sure there will plenty of opportunities for you to show your Jerryness
no dice on Beacon. Have to work and can't afford going that far. Oh well.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Hmmm...you seemed to be able to recite which night a particular bar had a happy hour when we were chillin' with you at the Knarr Pub the other night. I think that's an indicator you're an alcoholic...at least a frugal one.
I like to call it alcoholism in moderation... ha ha

Jun 18, 2004
I've been to busy to worry about tacoing anything, with Nationals in a few weeks.

Plus I bought a new toy...

Is that a '92 Limited?... if so did you buy it from Oly4x4?... because it's possible that the original engine from that is in my Comanche now...

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Is that a '92 Limited?... if so did you buy it from Oly4x4?... because it's possible that the original engine from that is in my Comanche now...
Nope...I bought it from some random guy in Snohomish, it's a '89. With the original engine with 203k on it, currently in the process of replacing most of the engine parts to get her ready for the XJ 4wheel meet June 27th and 28th, and take some good trails.

ha ha now u can go drifting off road!!
Nope, now I can go 4wheeling. Since I've obviously been shunned from you guys.

Last edited: