Quantcast

best way to remove a star nut?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
i got myself a woodman headlock (thanks brian). I need to remove the star nut from my '04 super T. what's the best way to go about doing that? Try to pull it up? Pound it down the rest of the way through?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
only pound it if the headtube is straight gauge. some head tubes get smaller in inner diameter at the bottom. in that case you would wanna drill the center out first so that the star nut will give more on the way out. me however, i usually just pound em out regardless.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
This topic was covered Uber in-depth about a month ago, a 2 second search would get all the info he needs.

It's not that hard to click the search link......

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
zane said:
It's not that hard to click the search link......
relax ass eyes. It wasn't that long ago that the search function on this site was completely useles. You are complaining about me starting up one extra thread about something that was covered a couple of weeks back yet you see no problem in double posting (both useless and already stated by someone else I might add) in my thread and causing even more clutter.

Are you suggesting I use the search thread before I post to reduce useless posting on RM (see both of yours above) or are you just doing it because you see everyone else doing it and you might as well follow along and flex your internet toughness.

:nopity:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I was to lazy to go back and edit my old post, and I was just pointing out that the search tool is in fact very useful. What kind of name is "ass eyes" anyway???