Quantcast

best wheelset around $200? (disc specific)

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
I'm a heavy rider (270 right now) so I need something durable. I'm not super rough or doing many drops though. I've never actually bent a rim yet.

I'd really like Azonic outlaws but the price is high.

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
perhaps someone can direct me to the correct web site. I've searched the sites I know and come up empty. $225 wouldn't be bad for Outlaws. I keep seeing 2010 Outlaws for $399.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I have some rebranded outlaws (old supergo mark) that I've done very bad things to and they're holding up great on my STP. I've had them since like 2005 and they're running original bearings and have never needed to be trued. Not that heavy either.

Look around for other companies that rebrand the same wheel and you might be able to find them cheaper than the Azonics.

Last edited:

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
The Outlaws have gotten expensive and I haven't found any discounted ones (except for one red set). Performance discontinued the Loco brand. They do have a beefy looking wheelset called the Xenduro now.

has anyone used the Xenduro or can you say what it is rebranded from?

I also am looking Jenson and they have a wheelset with XT hub and Sun Singletrack rim. The Forte wheelset is about $225 while the Singletrack wheelset is $159.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
The Outlaws have gotten expensive and I haven't found any discounted ones (except for one red set). Performance discontinued the Loco brand. They do have a beefy looking wheelset called the Xenduro now.

has anyone used the Xenduro or can you say what it is rebranded from?

I also am looking Jenson and they have a wheelset with XT hub and Sun Singletrack rim. The Forte wheelset is about $225 while the Singletrack wheelset is $159.
I would stay far far away from the XT/Singletrack combo. Bought it a few years back and it lasted maybe a year tops. Rear was always coming out of true and finally taco'd to the point where it could not be saved. Save your money and get something else.