Quantcast

Best/worse guitar solos...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I knocked out page 1 and got offended by the Lenny Kravitz comment, despite it being a pretty creative bunch of metaphors. Just by slipping in Lenny in the conversation, he touched on every genre, so he's definitely shooting to annoy everyone who's a fan of anything.

But I gotta agree with him on Rocket by Def Leppard, but then again, it wasn't exactly some smash hit the masses fell in love with. It was about the 19th song release of that album.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I will 100% agree with their #1 choice.

(Hangs head in shame before telling story.)

A few years back, a friend of my wife's from high school was going to give us free tickets to Six flags on a Saturday.
The only catch was that I had to go to a Poison/Cinderella concert with them on Friday. I thought,
sure that will really suck, but riding rolling coasters all day will make up for it right? No, I was horribly wrong.
It was beyond revolting. Sometimes I can still hear the lambs and they sound like CC Deville playing guitar.
I made it through Cinderella's set somehow without throwing up in my mouth. They just came out and played a bluesy sounding rock, and the lead singer played a bunch of different instruments to help mask the fact that his voice sucks.
But, when Poison came out, Holy Sheep $hit was it tragic. During their set, I could only think of Helen Keller and how she missed out on so many things, but not being able to hear or see this might have made up for it.
Not only was the music really bad, but the show itself was so tacky and over the top, I just stood there the whole time with a mortified look on my face. At the end, the singer and guitarist got in a fist fight. Neither inflicted the kind of damage to one another that they all deserved.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
CC Deville had a special kind of sh!ttiness all his own. I remember people being amazed that he could never, ever play the same thing, the same way, twice.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I knocked out page 1 and got offended by the Lenny Kravitz comment, despite it being a pretty creative bunch of metaphors. Just by slipping in Lenny in the conversation, he touched on every genre, so he's definitely shooting to annoy everyone who's a fan of anything.
No, Lenny just kind of sucks. So nowhere near everyone will be annoyed.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I went to the Cinderella / Bullet Boys / Winger tour in high school in the old Charlotte Coliseum. It wasn't that bad, but it was pretty generic. The highlight of the night was that the lead guitarist really could play. Most of his good stuff was off to the side and not much of it had to do with metal. Like Jeremy R said, kind of bluesy. He must have been the guy in the band doing it for the money, not the chics. ;)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
But his overall douchiness overrides any skills he ahs as a guitarist. He takes himself way too seriously when in reality all he is, is a performing monkey.