Quantcast

Better Call Saul...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Anyone watching? I think it's been pretty good. I love that Mike is back and last night's episode gave some back story. Mike and Saul were some of my favorites from Breaking Bad.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have watched the first few and really dig it. Tuco is my all time favorite character, so I was stoked to see him.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Me too I love how the show just takes it time. I hate shows that has to cram a lot of action into 30 minutes. This one is even more low key than Breaking Bad which is absolutely fine by me. Cant wait to watch yesterdays episode tonight. I have watched several the second time when the wife has time and they are great the second time around when you have more time to watch the details.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Agreed, I like how it's not moving really fast, but it is still very entertaining. They are giving enough to move the story along, but also developing the characters.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i heard last nights episode was the best breaking bad episode ever...

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Started watching on X-files to get my Vince Gilligan fix between BB & this.
Forgot how good that show was.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i was hoping theyd delve into how Saul became a sleaze bag. itll be interesting to see if they really do bring Jesse into it. maybe theyll reunite at the Cinnabon

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea I think it's good he really does kind of start out above board (for the most part). The scams seem to start to pay the bills.

The way it's shot and done definitely has that BB feel to it.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
watched the most recent ep. last night then revisited the one prior to that. good stuff.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It looks like he's suckering his older brother to get him back in the game by leaving the files at his house and intentionally mentions the wrong form.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It looks like he's suckering his older brother to get him back in the game by leaving the files at his house and intentionally mentions the wrong form.
personally i thought it was to give his brother something to do besides worrying about electromagnetic radiation, keep his mind occupied etc

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
That too, but I'm guessing it has something to do with him practicing again and being able to go back or cash out from the other firm. I dunno though.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, it's been a good show so far. It manages to keep me entertained even when there isn't much action going on.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I love that about the show. Let it take its time. For me it makes much more believeable. I am now forcing myself to put away phone and computer and just focus on the show.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That too, but I'm guessing it has something to do with him practicing again and being able to go back or cash out from the other firm. I dunno though.
two episodes ago he said if he brother is committed and doesnt go back to work then hed be in control of his estate therefor getting the money he is owed by his employer which is why was calling the guys bluff

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, Jimmy hates the partners for his brother's firm, but loves his brother. He definitely could take control by committing his brother, but wouldn't screw him over like that. His brother is obviously a massive part of that firm.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I kind of like how slow it is going. The first three episodes could have been one but it is way better as three.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
I love the way they film it, the different angles and cuts really add to the show. Last nights ep was great. Anyone have any ideas when Jimmy will become Saul?