Quantcast

Better than bacon

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
With all the internet love being given towards bacon I feel we need to discuss things that are in fact better than bacon.

Beer
Guacamole
pepperoni
prosciutto
Beef Tenderloin
wine
Cheese

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
With all the internet love being given towards bacon I feel we need to discuss things that are in fact better than bacon.

Beer
Guacamole
pepperoni
prosciutto
Beef Tenderloin
wine
Cheese
Beer yes

Tenderloin yes

Others, in the maybe category.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Wait, guacamole is better than bacon? I am not just being trendy when I say :eek: to that.

Same for pepperoni. I mean, I'll gladly eat a bacon pizza. But pepperoni and eggs? A pepperoni cheeseburger? Not so much.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wait, guacamole is better than bacon? I am not just being trendy when I say :eek: to that.

Same for pepperoni. I mean, I'll gladly eat a bacon pizza. But pepperoni and eggs? A pepperoni cheeseburger? Not so much.
Bacon: cured pork
Pepperoni: cured pork and spices

Pepperoni is basically bacon with a wider flavor profile. Pepperoni on burgers and eggs is actually pretty ****ing awesome, try it. I feel sorry for people whose flavor preference is limited to fat and salt.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Bacon: cured pork
Pepperoni: cured pork and spices

Pepperoni is basically bacon with a wider flavor profile. Pepperoni on burgers and eggs is actually pretty ****ing awesome, try it. I feel sorry for people whose flavor preference is limited to fat and salt.
Sure. Except that most pepperoni is feedlot pork processed in a huge factory with all kinds of chemicals and preservatives, and the bacon I eat (most of the time) is relatively local and all natural.

As for salt and fat - don't forget the smoky part of bacon, which is a big flavor component. And anyway, I feel sorry for people who rely on the spice cabinet for flavor. It's usually 'cuz they're eating inferior products. :D