Quantcast

BEWARE:Cactus Bike

vsnofjohana

Chimp
Apr 4, 2007
So here's the deal.
I ordered a pair of rims for 19.95 each (WTB duel duty XC) my card was charged that day. Four days later i got a email saying that the rims were not in stock and was it COOL if i waited, Your telling me it takes four days to figure out if you have these rims and to get around to shipping them. I called WTB and QBP myself and checked on avalibility of said rims they said at least a month. I replied that i could not wait and i would like a different rim, ( Sun 0 degree XC) . They asked how i would like to handle this i said return the old amount and lets start over. They didn't, they just tacked on more money, this is after they tried to tack on five more dollars for shipping.
To really put this in perspective the guy who handles there online stuff in never really in the shop I was told that he is a college kid and nobody really knows when he will be in, So each email takes about two days to get a reply on. It has now been over a month and i am told that the rims have shipped. When i open the box and its the WTB rims that i was told were out of stock?? WTF what about the extra 22 bucks you charged me! So i call and this guy and he tells me he doesn't know what happened but " You got the original rims you ordered, just a little late, so whats the big deal. This was by far the worst online purchase i have ever done. I did get my money back but i would like for nobody else to go thru this.

Beware of Cactus bike

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I've dealt with Cactus for the last couple years and I had a small problem with a bash guard once and I was taken care of after being a dumbass and blowing them up online... I've had about 50 positive experiences with the shop since.

It's too bad that you've had a negative experience with their web related staff, but I can tell you that Fish and the rest of the Cactus crew are running the most badass bike shop in the Phoenix Area.

Cactus is not going to steal $22 from you. I suggest rinsing the sand out of your vagina with one hand while calling the shop to get your charge cleared up with the other.

vsnofjohana

Chimp
Apr 4, 2007
Had you read the whole text there stinkyboy, you would have found out that i did get my money back. I suggest you put your saddle back on your bike and focus on reading. After all this is a forum for bad sellers, is it not?

maniak10

Chimp
May 2, 2006
I too had a similar negative experience, but I did not get my money back. Not only did they rape me for $10, they were also two weeks late on their shipment and took about a week to get back to me on availability after they had already charged me. Did I mention they did not install the headset in the frame I ordered. Or how about sending me a brand new fork with scrapes, scratches and marks all over it from the box being crushed before it was put into its shipping box. And finally, how about ordering an Air Shock with your frame and getting a coil shock.

I will say that the owner of the shop seemed like a nice guy, but being a nice guy did not get me my parts any quicker. I will never purchase from this shop again. OH yeah, if you're wondering what their excuse was for being late, "...we had to go riding and could not get to your order..."

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Had you read the whole text there stinkyboy, you would have found out that i did get my money back. I suggest you put your saddle back on your bike and focus on reading. After all this is a forum for bad sellers, is it not?
The why post this?
WTF what about the extra 22 bucks you charged me!
You got your cheap ass rims at I'm sure an amazing price. There was a slight mix up. BFD! Go finish your Magna upgrades and shut up.