Quantcast

Beware of my...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Other nice whiskey tumbler. I swear I had 2 of them, and now I can only find one...it might be in the dishwasher...can one of you guys go check? I shouldn't be on the stairs right now...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Whenever I misplace my coffee mug, I invariably find it in the microwave.

I don't ever have yet to misplace my whiskey glass.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Bad experience w/ 151 in HS...cant do rum. Loves me some whiskey...nothing turfy though. Its genetic...the Irish kid in me...
Yeah... the people I know that don't like rum are generally in that camp. Either Don Q or The Captain put them off of it for good.

I don't blame the HS Yukon Jack experience for my aversion to whiskey... but perhaps it is. :D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Because I came on whiskey somewhat (cough...) later in life, I have learned what I like and how much it takes to make me sexy, so I have never had one of those mean whiskey drunks. Learned what I like in Scotland, Ireland and proper pubs.

Tequila is another story entirely. A bad experience from my "I wanna be a triathlete" summer with a campfire and a bunch of chiropractors...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am simple. I enjoy Pendleton and also Burnside because they are both close. I had not gotten into whiskey until I had habanero infused Gentleman Jack ('03?).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>Tequila is another story entirely. A bad experience from my "I wanna be a triathlete" summer with a campfire and a bunch of chiropractors...
I told a buddy a number of years ago (as he was trying to feed me Casa Noble) that I didn't like tequila.

Turns out, I just didn't like SHITTY tequila.

That Casa Noble shit is DELICIOUS. As are a bunch of other "proper" tequilas.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I told a buddy a number of years ago (as he was trying to feed me Casa Noble) that I didn't like tequila.

Turns out, I just didn't like SHITTY tequila.

That Casa Noble shit is DELICIOUS. As are a bunch of other "proper" tequilas.
In the Navy we ventured to some pretty sketchy areas in Mexico and discovered amazing tequilas. We also got wicked shitty but the hangover isn't nearly as bad as with shitty tequila.

I have a bottle of Don Julio in the house. It's only like $35 and enjoy it when I need a good shot.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The "best" experiences are those in which you have to check w/ everyone in the tri-county area for the entire week afterwards to make sure that you didnt swear out any blood oaths or marry anyones third cousin twice removed on accident...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Bad experience w/ 151 in HS...cant do rum. Loves me some whiskey...nothing turfy though. Its genetic...the Irish kid in me...
Try pretend rum, Bacardi Oakheart is usually liked by people that don't like rum, sugar and spices hide the weird metho/veggie taste of Bacardi.
Or you can hide the rum even more-
1613818114418.png

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Try pretend rum, Bacardi Oakheart is usually liked by people that don't like rum, sugar and spices hide the weird metho/veggie taste of Bacardi.
Or you can hide the rum even more-
View attachment 156873
last I checked bundaberg isn’t exported. I have a couple bottles my mom brought back. Last time I had her bring me a 6er of VB.

also I like good tequila.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You eventually realize that cheap liquor and alcohol is cut with sugar to increase the alcohol content during fermentation. This in turn is what gives you the nastiest hangovers. Still get dehydrated, but quality Tequila and Whiskey doesn't act like the cheaper stuff.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You eventually realize that cheap liquor and alcohol is cut with sugar to increase the alcohol content during fermentation. This in turn is what gives you the nastiest hangovers. Still get dehydrated, but quality Tequila and Whiskey doesn't act like the cheaper stuff.

I don't think the yeast cares where the sugar comes from, although adding sugar will reduce any flavor the source material may add to the product in relation to the alcohol content. I thought the cheap booze hangovers came from the distillers letting the nasty volatiles such as aledehydes and keytones through the process to increase throughput.

I don't think the yeast cares where the sugar comes from, although adding sugar will reduce any flavor the source material may add to the product in relation to the alcohol content. I thought the cheap booze hangovers came from the distillers letting the nasty volatiles such as aledehydes and keytones through the process to increase throughput.
Ketones, but yeah.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Like the man said - "Wine is fine, but whisky's quicker"

Bourbon, nothing too fancy, ie Makers, KnobCreek, Bakers107, Blanton's,
The odd bit of decent Rye ie 40 Creek - I am Canadian eh.
Dry red wine, seem to prefer Italians.

I had the normal HS experiences with 151 and To-Kill-Ya.
40+ years later, I still can not stomach Rum, or Tequila.
Having said that, I have had decent rum, but never good Tequila.