Quantcast

Beware > Ryan Cathrall (RUFUSDESIGN)> SCAMMER

dekerDH

Chimp
Jun 30, 2010
Ryan Cathrall http://www.rufusphoto.com
I bought from him half year ago fox 40 fork, he sent me it and I received it. But at the same time I paid him for fox upper crowns + decals ($220 ). We settle on that first he send me fork and then crowns/dec. Till today (7months ago) he didn't send me those crowns and decals and initially ignore me emails. Then he sent me email that he apologize for not responding because my emails goes to his spam list, and that he already sent me my goods. Upon this I asked him to send me any proof from post office that he sent it but he told me that he lost it. (month ago, and now he again ignore me)
He probably thinks that when he sent me fork it's enough. ( I sent him money with paypal but I didn't make a claim at him to 45days ) because I thought that he's serious guy. But now I know that he's scammer. Now I don't have how to get my money or goods because I'm from Europe. And probably therefore he don't fear. Maybe somebody can help me....or save own money. (This is not a spam and I'm not first who have problems with this guy )

EDIT:
Oh so here is solution: When anybody will have problems with this guy (not responding, etc.....) all what you have to do is just write about him at bike forums then he moves. > I got refund today.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Interesting. I got a PM with a complaint about him at one point.

Similar situation - months of excuses/ignored messages, etc.

The guy runs his business online. Hopefully he realizes what a problem a thread like this can be for him and takes care of the issue.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
maybe send him a pm and/or send him a quick message through the downhill forum. (dont advertise why you need to get ahold of him). there are several people here who know him and will help to get things straightened out. there is no excuse for taking someones money and not giving them their product but I have dealt with the guy personally and he has always been on top of things albeit super busy with stuff outside of his online business.... i wouldnt label him a scammer based on my past experiences so maybe this advertisement will be enough motivation for you guys to get things worked out

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
It has since been worked out and all of the mishaps between myself and the buyer were resolved admirably.

There was a mix up with customs and unfortunately I lost the shipping receipt and was unable to recover the crowns. I placed an order again for the crowns and decals and have yet to hear from the store. No calls, no emails, etc.

I have sent a refund to the buyer and hope that the crowns show up sometime in the near future so that he can get them.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
It has since been worked out and all of the mishaps between myself and the buyer were resolved admirably.

There was a mix up with customs and unfortunately I lost the shipping receipt and was unable to recover the crowns. I placed an order again for the crowns and decals and have yet to hear from the store. No calls, no emails, etc.

I have sent a refund to the buyer and hope that the crowns show up sometime in the near future so that he can get them.
we should all get free Boxxer stickers for this mishap.

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
i have been waiting weeks for some stuff i got from him, he seems like a good guy, but the shipping "delays" are really annoying!!!

yetifan

Chimp
Sep 20, 2004
Hmmm, looks like I was not the only one!

Got 2 rims, took ages to arrive, post office screwed up, offered to refund postage- Never happened ($40 I think), got both rims arrive and one was a 36h not 32h.

Ah yeah, that could have happened was reply.

So one 32h rim cost me about twice the UK price !

Doh!

I am sure he is a nice guy, and sells lots of stuff to happy people, but I got burned.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I think Ryan is in the process of moving right now. That doesn't make up for the shipping problems obviously- but it might be part of the problem.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Ryan is a standup guy and I'm sure any problems with delivery has not been deliberate.
If you are in Europe (like I am), you should be prepared for your country to fck things up every now and then...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ryan is a standup guy and I'm sure any problems with delivery has not been deliberate.
If you are in Europe (like I am), you should be prepared for your country to fck things up every now and then...
Does Europe have a stack of 36h rims that they like to swap out with 32h rims just to fck with people? :p

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
he's still selling **** in the classifieds....I once contacted him about a bike he was selling and he simply ignored my email. I assume he had sold it, but damn.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I recently purchased a few items second hand from Mr Cathrall, and cannot express how disappointed I am. I agreed to buy the items from him (some old deraillers) knowing full well about his alleged issues with shipping. I cannot express to you how frustrated I was when all my emails were answered promptly. I was very irritated to discover he sent me a tracking number promptly after I sent payment. I was absolutely furious when my parts not only showed up, but on time as well! I had been so excited about ripping him a new one online that I had already drafted my criticisms and demands for him to make ammends as a poor business dude. Alas, that effort was a waste.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
^^ it seems you are the only one with good success dealing with him.

my decal order came several weeks late, looked like crap, were the wrong colors, wrong wording and wrong size. emails were never returned in a "timely" matter and i always heard "im sick" or "busy at the base."

thankfully, he did refund my moneys several weeks later.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
^^ it seems you are the only one with good success dealing with him.

my decal order came several weeks late, looked like crap, were the wrong colors, wrong wording and wrong size. emails were never returned in a "timely" matter and i always heard "im sick" or "busy at the base."

thankfully, he did refund my moneys several weeks later.
You once belligerently cussed me out in PM's when I sent him one asking him for some left over green Boxxer decals he had just stated the same day he had lying around that he'd give someone for free. Called me all sorts of nasty stuff for even asking.:p

Doesn't he have some sort of PTSD issues or something else mentally miscued?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
You once belligerently cussed me out in PM's when I sent him one asking him for some left over green Boxxer decals he had just stated the same day he had lying around that he'd give someone for free. Called me all sorts of nasty stuff for even asking.:p

Doesn't he have some sort of PTSD issues or something else mentally miscued?
i did?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I've done shirts for Rufus Design. Good customer. Prompt payments, clear and concise emails. Easy to deal with.

My $0.02