Quantcast

BEWARE Welcome Wagon! They are Scammers.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
They promised me that the contract is month to month and as soon as I signed they explained that the contract means-month to month-FOR A YEAR! I spoke with the woman that swindled me, this nice old lady that guaranteed my satisfaction and that she would take care of me if I was unhappy in any way with welcome wagon, and she began reciting the contract line for line...like this was nothing new to her.
Very malicious.
Unbelievable ethics in my opinion.
I have decided to fight it in court if they choose to try and collect. I'll let you know how it goes.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I own a bike shop and this is supposed to be an advertising avenue that reaches recent home buyers with info about the businesses in the surrounding area. It seems like a real great concept and would be if you didn't get "the treatment" when signing up with them. I was excited to do the program but hesitant because the housing market has dipped so much. I was very specific about the contract being month to month and they assured me it was and of course they would always work with me and let me out if I was not satisfied...well, after I thought more about it I decided against running the program at this time and asked to cancel the entire thing to which they replied, Nope, you're in a contract for the whole year, there's no way out of it and I have been met with indignation and venemous replies since I have stated my disappointment. I asked my friend about them-a fellow business owner and he experienced the exact same thing. Pretty messed up ethically. My bad for trusting bu that's how I am. I go out of my way to please customers, these folks think of us as paychecks and that's it. Bummer.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Thats the reason they did not mention the "year to year" up front because they knew you would most likely decline if they did. My take is... if you can adverstise honestly then dont advertise at all.
Sorry to hear about your situation and hope you can get it resolved soon.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Yeah I got approached by Welcome Wagon a few years ago but declined. About two years ago I took a critical look at our marketing plan and realized that there was no room for that broad type of hit-or-miss advertising.

Be careful though - the annual contract with monthly billing is actually a common thing. Salesgenie is another company that comes to mind (I think).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I own a bike shop and this is supposed to be an advertising avenue that reaches recent home buyers with info about the businesses in the surrounding area. It seems like a real great concept and would be if you didn't get "the treatment" when signing up with them. I was excited to do the program but hesitant because the housing market has dipped so much. I was very specific about the contract being month to month and they assured me it was and of course they would always work with me and let me out if I was not satisfied...well, after I thought more about it I decided against running the program at this time and asked to cancel the entire thing to which they replied, Nope, you're in a contract for the whole year, there's no way out of it and I have been met with indignation and venemous replies since I have stated my disappointment. I asked my friend about them-a fellow business owner and he experienced the exact same thing. Pretty messed up ethically. My bad for trusting bu that's how I am. I go out of my way to please customers, these folks think of us as paychecks and that's it. Bummer.

The same thing happened to me when I signed up for one month of hustlermagazine.com!!!