Quantcast

Beyond bikes online ordering question

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
So I took advantage of the turkey day, 20% off on any order. Saved me like $70 on parts :)

But my question is what does this mean?
Order Status-Confirmed 3-6 Days Monday, November 28, 2005

So it'll be ready to ship in 3-6 days or it'll be to my door in 3-6 days?

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
depends on what you ordered...i ordered an 06 helmet from them about a month and a half a go and even paid for the faster shipping...then it turns out they havn't got their 06 helmets yet and i'm still waiting for it...thats my lil rant about BB...and i think it will be at ur door in 3-6 days

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
LOL yeah, Santa Barbara

Usually their stuff comes within a week, but I haven't bought anything from them in a while. It's just always nice to know when UPS is gonna come :)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I ordered something from them awhile back and had the same thing. "3-6 days confirmed shipping"

it means that in 3-6 days they will ship your order at which point they will send another email to you saying that "your shipment has been confirmed" and give you a routing number. Which means that they have actually just shipped it and in another 3-6 days it will show up on your porch. This I now know...

When they sent me the second email saying that my shipment was confirmed I took that to mean that I should have recieved the package. I called them up asking what the hell is going on. There's no box sitting on my porch and then they explained it to me.

It all probably makes perfect sense to there shipping department but for the consumer is confusing as hell. Seems like not a very consumer oriented company if you ask me. I was a bit annoyed by it all.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
cannondalejunky said:
depends on what you ordered...i ordered an 06 helmet from them about a month and a half a go and even paid for the faster shipping...then it turns out they havn't got their 06 helmets yet and i'm still waiting for it...thats my lil rant about BB...and i think it will be at ur door in 3-6 days
BB sucks balls, You should've used Jenson or Highroller.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Beyond Bikes advertises like they have every damn size of every possible bike related item that anyone could possibly want. In reality it's probably some asshat in his living room who somehow managed to become a dealer for a couple of distributors, who has no inventory. When you order something from him, he tries to order it for you. I can't believe that worthless place is still in business, it just proves that there are a ton of bikers out there who will risk anything to save $2 on a derailleur.

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
I got it now. Well I ordered gear cables, bottom bracket, a wheelset, headlock, chain, lizard skins things etc....By the time I entered the discount for 20% off your entire order it saved me like $70-80. So it's fine for me if it takes a few days, I'm in no hurry, but I like to have that "status update" all the time :)

I usually order from go-ride/Universal cycles/JensonUSA but I knew none of them had 20% of your entire order. I would never expect Go-Ride which is my #1 place to match something like that. When I can give them bussiness I do. Their customer service is worth it alone.

But we'll wait and see. I only live like 3 hours from them but I ain't gonna drive that far when anything UPS ground takes 1 day to get to me. That'd suck though living somewhere where it takes (3-6 days to confirm) and then another 6 days to ship (east coast). I'd really thing about going somewhere else after that!

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
I hope they don't make the same mistake they made with me, I ordered a pair of spinergy's Fall Line, and i recieved TWO rear wheels, also i asked for a truvativ bottom bracket tool and I recieved a race face. CUstomer service sucks!!!
Good luck

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
Well........we'll see. If I don't get anything by the end of next week I'll really question them. That's like 14 days to get my stuff to them and ship it to me. That's about as patient as I can be living 3-4hrs away :)

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
partsbara said:
when will people learn about beyond bikes ???

save $70 on parts that you have a 50% chance of getting... :confused:
Yeah well........my inital order was placed on Nov 28th. I just got an email today telling me that it is now "confirmed".

So......come next Monday it will be 2 full complete weeks :angry:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I got a hillarious email from Beyond Bikes this morning (12/7/05) saying that my order would take an additional 3-6 days to process because they were experiencing high order volumes.

I place my order Oct 31st and recieved the completed order about 2 weeks later????????? Huh?

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
Took advantage of that 20% as well and ordered myself some parts. It took them about 5 business days before they actually shipped my order. So, in total it took them 8 business days (incl. shipping) to get the parts to me.

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
The sucky thing is that I live like 4 hours north of where they are located. So when it says 3-6 days confirmed I'm thinking my stuff will b here in 3-6 days. At this point we're going on days 8 and 9. That is only counting business days but I've never had a problem getting stuff sent from any bicycle retailer except supergo because they have warehouses on the east coast (doh).

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Add me to the list of people that are amazed that they are still in business.

That Kerry tool is the stereotypical slimeball "salesman" who will say or do anything to make the sale. I learned that lesson years ago and there are tons of reports on many forums about the same type of sleazy crap.

Caveat emptor.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I've never had a problem with them but then I've only ordered tires and tubes.
We were talking about BB the other day and someone mentioned that it is owned by an Ellsworth family member.
Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
Ciaran said:
:stupid:
UniversalCycles and Go-ride have NEVER let me down.
Same here, Go-ride, Universal cycles, JensonUSA, and pricepoint all have been pretty good at getting stuff out quickly. Beyond Bikes (this is the first time ordering from them) just needs a better system of updating people if their stuff is on backorder or what not. In my case I don't mind it taking 2 weeks to get my stuff because I am in no hurry (or else I would have ordered from someone else) but their method of letting people know that a product is on back order isn't very good.

But I should get my stuff shipped out today or tomorrow. They were nice enough to tell me that my wheelset I ordered was getting to them Thursday (but for all I know that means Friday) but no biggy. Just updates are always nice to have.