Quantcast

beyond bikes ripped me off

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
And Pricepoint sent me a headset for a screaming deal (a $60 retail HS for $20). They shipped it fast, too!

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
I've had no problems from any of the online bike e-tailers. I think you just have to ask them the right questions before you order. Like, do you have these items in stock? How will you be shipping them out and when will they be shipped?

novarider

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Northern VA
IMHO if you have to ask those questions, then skip that online retailer.

lonewolfe said:
I've had no problems from any of the online bike e-tailers. I think you just have to ask them the right questions before you order. Like, do you have these items in stock? How will you be shipping them out and when will they be shipped?

novarider

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Northern VA
i have been please with blue sky cycling as well. even tho their selections isnt the largest.

Bicyclist said:
I hate Beyond Bikes. I ordered a frame and chainguide from them, and they didn't tell me they were both backordered until I called them/e-mailed them a few times. The price was good, but they didn't give me info or anything. I'm also waiting for an I-beam seat and post combo after nearly a month, and they told me it had been shipped a while ago. They suck ass. I just bought wheels from Jenson and right away I got a confirmation and I bought a fork from Blue Sky Cycling and again I got a confirmation right away. I've had good luck with Jenson in the past, and they ship really fast. I'll see how Blue Sky is.

snorty

Chimp
Dec 31, 2005
Bicyclist said:
I hate Beyond Bikes. I ordered a frame and chainguide from them, and they didn't tell me they were both backordered until I called them/e-mailed them a few times. The price was good, but they didn't give me info or anything. I'm also waiting for an I-beam seat and post combo after nearly a month, and they told me it had been shipped a while ago. They suck ass.
If BeyondBikes can't give you a tracking number and ETA for the delivery, cancel the order. If they give you trouble, don't worry, let your credit card handle it by informing them that you've cancelled the order and not to pay it. If BeyondBikes charged your CC and haven't shipped the goods, ask the CC company to see if BeyondBikes has defrauded them. The major banks that back the credit cards don't have the patience to deal with fraudulent companies. They will make sure that they get their money back. Granted this will make you persona non grata at BB, but you're off the hook and can deal with more reputable bike shops.

Jan 4, 2006
i have never bought anything from beyond bike's but my friend had a bad experence with them but i get all my part's form price point they have good deals and i get my stuff on time

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Wow. Beyond Bikes is really starting to piss me off. I ordered an I-beam seat and post about a month ago. It still hasn't shown up. On the other hand, I bought a fork and wheelset from Colorado Cyclist and JensonUSA respectively and both arrived next business day. 2:thumb:s up to them!

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
It sounds like they didn't have the item and had to order it from the manufacturer, who probably also doesn't have it, but is waiting on another production batch.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Bicyclist said:
Wow. Beyond Bikes is really starting to piss me off. I ordered an I-beam seat and post about a month ago. It still hasn't shown up. On the other hand, I bought a fork and wheelset from Colorado Cyclist and JensonUSA respectively and both arrived next business day. 2:thumb:s up to them!
Sounds like the experience I had.

They didn't ship it until I told them to cancel the order (already more than a month after I ordered). I didn't get off the phone until I had a tracking number.

They gave me some bullsh*t story about sending it to the wrong customer and having to wait until is got shipped back. When I told them to cancel the order they literally said "Wait...here it is, we'll send it out today". Kerry is full of crap.

eric

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I ordered stock built Ck ISO hubs on Mavic xm_819 disc wheels, I called the next day because I was concerned about ship times and they were custom building the wheels because they ran out of prebuilt wheels. I asked them to change the hubs from stock black to blue anno and they did, got the wheel set three days after I ordered it, no problem. Spokes had all been spoke prepped and the wheels are first rate. No problem.

Another order had a couple days delay (near Christmas), and one item was back ordered. Overall I'm happy, with them.

Jenson is first rate. Not one complaint from me.

Pricepoint I've had problems with them shipping the wrong parts, avid FR levers instead of SD-7s, black parts instead of silver, a broken headset. My last order was perfect however, so they are getting better.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Another negative report on beyond bikes.
I'm only bothering because there's a thread here, and maybe once they start losing customers they will rethink their business practices.

Ordered a helmet, email responses were horribly slow, and I was getting constant two word replies that (obviously) didn't answer my questions. Paid for USPS express to compensate for how long it took, and trusted their "next day post" claim on the product.

What a load that was. It took them 2 weeks or more to post the package out, I didn't get a tracking number, and after some abusive emails on my part I still got constant two word replies. My advice is don't shop there - their service SUCKS. Period.

Have had excellent results with balle-racing, go-ride (although slower email replies than they used to have), dropnzone, and torpedo7 in NZ.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I am amazed at how bad Beyond Bikes is. I would not put up with their crap, and after reading this thread, I will never shop there. I already get stuff the next day from Universalcycles (great mail order place), Pricepoint and JensonUSA for the best deals occasionally, and I'm friends with the owner of DropNZone, who is about 15 minutes away.
When there is pricematching and so many good shops that already beat BB's prices, provide tracking numbers without making you ask for one, have an automatically updated stock status system and very friendly and knowledgeable people, why would you shop anywhere else? Is it really worth saving a few bucks on shipping to risk such a delay, and possibly more money out of your pocket?
I don't think any of us have to worry, with this kind of publicity, if anyone sees this thread, they'll know not to shop there, and either BB will try to defend itself, or they will go out of business/get bought out. And what kind of shop doesn't fully answer all customer e-mails professionally and promptly? If you don't have a tracking number, or can't get the part, don't lie. Tell the truth, at least people will know that you can be trusted. But BB has lost even that.
Recap:
Great shops:
DropNZone
Universal Cycles
JensonUSA
PricePoint
BAD Shops:
Beyond Bikes
Airbomb

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
erikkellison said:
I am amazed at how bad Beyond Bikes is. I would not put up with their crap, and after reading this thread, I will never shop there. I already get stuff the next day from Universalcycles (great mail order place), Pricepoint and JensonUSA for the best deals occasionally, and I'm friends with the owner of DropNZone, who is about 15 minutes away.
When there is pricematching and so many good shops that already beat BB's prices, provide tracking numbers without making you ask for one, have an automatically updated stock status system and very friendly and knowledgeable people, why would you shop anywhere else? Is it really worth saving a few bucks on shipping to risk such a delay, and possibly more money out of your pocket?
I don't think any of us have to worry, with this kind of publicity, if anyone sees this thread, they'll know not to shop there, and either BB will try to defend itself, or they will go out of business/get bought out. And what kind of shop doesn't fully answer all customer e-mails professionally and promptly? If you don't have a tracking number, or can't get the part, don't lie. Tell the truth, at least people will know that you can be trusted. But BB has lost even that.
Recap:
Great shops:
DropNZone
Universal Cycles
JensonUSA
PricePoint
BAD Shops:
Beyond Bikes
Airbomb
I have to agree with your choice of good online bike dealers. I've used them all with satisfactory results. As for Air Bomb, I called them to order some knee/shin Elbow pads from them once and they cofirmed the Roach pads I wanted were in stock. So, I placed the order and paid them. They called me back a couple of days later and told me that they were out of the Roach pads but had some identical pads available under the Nuke Proof label. Granted, the pads were ok but not what I ordered. Had they been up front I would not have placed the order to begin with.

I've heard that Air Bomb and Beyond Bikes are one in the same. Does anyone know if that is true?

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
Ohh!!! I love how there site says:

Order in 1hr and Is shipped today!!!!!

I fell for that once, and when they called me a Month later about were is the money, I told them to F-Off!!!!

Deff. 100% the worst Online Bike Shop I have ever Delt with. I can't believe they are still in Business.

I would rater drive to Go-Ride in Utah then drive two hrs. to San Diego to deal with those Pricks!!!!

I've prob. orderd 3 or 4 things from them And EVERYONE WAS MESSED UP!!!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
So then we can all agree that Beyond Bikes/Airbomb is nothing more then a bunch of useless ass, bong ripping, batty boy, chiba monkies?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Based on word of mouth, other threads and this one, I don't even browse Beyond Bike's monster ads in the mags anymore. I get to them and skip right over. If I need something, I might check their price, but my business goes primarily to JensonUSA for anything mailorder. I've always gotten outstanding service from them.

iljicS

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Budapest, HU
I'm planning to buy a Turner RFX frame from Beyondbikes, they have RFX's on sale for $1399, but I read this thread and now I don't know what should I do. I checked a bounch of another online store but I didn't find any RFX, only in Go-ride for MSRP price. Any advice ?

I know Allen too from DNZ, but he ain't got any Turner.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
iljicS said:
I'm planning to buy a Turner RFX frame from Beyondbikes, they have RFX's on sale for $1399, but I read this thread and now I don't know what should I do. I checked a bounch of another online store but I didn't find any RFX, only in Go-ride for MSRP price. Any advice ?

your are an idiot if you buy it from them...

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
iljicS said:

I don't know... I hate that shop with all my heart but sometimes I'm forced to go there in a pinch. They've never actually screwed me over but they've pulled dumbass moves enough times that I only go there when it's an absolute neccessity. The last time I was in there (several weeks ago) they had a crap load of RFX's so you might have good luck with that.

Never underestimate their lameness though... I bought something from them and was waiting for another part to come in and when I sent my girlfriend in to pick them up, the one part that was in stock had been stolen in the meantime because they didn't feel that it was neccesary to remove an item that was already paid for from their display.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
iljicS said:

Seriously, you will end up spending the same amount down the line when one part or another is missing, or you have to ship it back because its bent up wrong or there is a gouge in the frame. These guys need to be driven out of the online marketing game. I have had exactly three dealings with them, and that was 2.5 too many. You should spend the extra dough to support a better shop. I know it sucks taking the hit up front, but maybe you can work a deal with Go-Ride. I'd rather spend a little more now and get it right then dick around for months and not get what I want before February.

Jun 18, 2004
I made the mistake of buy my vpx frame and other parts last summer from beyond bikes...
what the other peeps are telling you is true... beyond bikes will really frustrate you, stress you out, mess everything up... and by the time your making payments on your credit card you still won't have your order in your hands yet...
last year they sold me a fork and by the time I recieved it, it had went down in price drastically because the new model year stuff was comming out... they even failed to send the warenty card w/the frame and when I called intense for one they made me call beyond bikes to call them to get one; so they would learn to send the damn warenty card with the frame!
I found I'm better off to ask my local shop to order it and pay the sales tax and support the shop and my local comunity tax needs... I've learned my lesson...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
iljicS said:

What do you think the odds are that they actually have what you want in stock? Here's how it goes with beyondbikes:

Ad: Turner RFX frames in stock now! A steal at $1399! Don't wait!

Reality: In the spring, some girl special ordered an extra small pink RFX frame, then backed out of the deal. It's been sitting here for 5 months and nobody wants it because it's a wierd size and a nasty color. But we can order what you want, tell you it will be here in two weeks, then jerk you around for the rest of the season.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I've had great luck with JensonUSA and PricePoint. Beyond Bikes and Airbomb have both been horrible to me, and I will not be returning business to them.

The local shops around here usually give me a discount big enough to match Jenson and Pricepoint anyway, so it's rare that I mail-order parts anymore.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
the long and short of it is this...... if you are such a dumb a$$ that you buy sh1t for beyond bikes, then you deserve to be ripped off...

kerry / sam... i hope you sleep with one eye open... one day i m going to put an axe through your left temple...

neanderthal

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
Pittsburgh
I have to agree with your choice of good online bike dealers. I've used them all with satisfactory results. As for Air Bomb, I called them to order some knee/shin Elbow pads from them once and they cofirmed the Roach pads I wanted were in stock. So, I placed the order and paid them. They called me back a couple of days later and told me that they were out of the Roach pads but had some identical pads available under the Nuke Proof label. Granted, the pads were ok but not what I ordered. Had they been up front I would not have placed the order to begin with.

I've heard that Air Bomb and Beyond Bikes are one in the same. Does anyone know if that is true?
Funny, I also ordered Roach pads from Airbomb and was called back asking me to change my order to the NukeProof pads. Do a see a scam going on here?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I've dealt with Allen at Drop 'n' Zone. He was ready to price match anybody and was really helpful. He's in upper-state WA which is close to where I am. I got my stuff within 5 days.

I just ordered shoes and a bladder for my camelbak from nashbar.com. So far, so good. They have this real-time customer support feature where you can actually ask one of their guys a question about something. It took about 3 minutes to get connected to someone and find out what I needed to find out!