Quantcast

beyond bikes ripped me off

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
I've dealt with Allen at Drop 'n' Zone. He was ready to price match anybody and was really helpful. He's in upper-state WA which is close to where I am. I got my stuff within 5 days.

I just ordered shoes and a bladder for my camelbak from nashbar.com. So far, so good. They have this real-time customer support feature where you can actually ask one of their guys a question about something. It took about 3 minutes to get connected to someone and find out what I needed to find out!

yea that guy/ his company rocks!

about 2 years ago i was gonna buy like 2000 dolalrs worth of merch from beyond bikes. boy im glad i didnt do that

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Funny, I also ordered Roach pads from Airbomb and was called back asking me to change my order to the NukeProof pads. Do a see a scam going on here?
Well, I don't know if it is quite a scam because they did deliver the Nukeproof pads promptly and they are the same as the Roach pads but with different labeling. The thing that bothered me was that when I called and placed the order they said they had the Roach pads in stock. Then, a couple of days later they call and say they only have the Nukeproof pads. They guy said they bought a Sea Container of the not yet labeled Roach pads and put their own Nukeprook label on them. I now have both the Nukeproof and the original Roach pads and they are the same pads. None the less, the experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I've never considered ordering from them again.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Are you going to be handing out axes? If so, I'm in.

if not, and we have to bring our own tools, are we going to get union benefits on this job?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Are you going to be handing out axes? If so, I'm in.

if not, and we have to bring our own tools, are we going to get union benefits on this job?

BYOA

unions don t exist in this country... who are you trying to kid... but there will be free buckets of animal blood... i find this adds to the whole experience, run inside, naked except for a loin cloth... beating ya fists on ya blood smeared chest... good times, good times...

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
I just had a friend who ordered a MZ Z.1. He phoned it in and got it in two days.:happydance:

I asked who he ordered it from and when he told me Beyond Bikes I flipped my lid. They have never been that fast. It was prob. a 1/1000 shot.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
BYOA

unions don t exist in this country... who are you trying to kid... but there will be free buckets of animal blood... i find this adds to the whole experience, run inside, naked except for a loin cloth... beating ya fists on ya blood smeared chest... good times, good times...
Can I wear an animal head on top of mine? And what about fire, are we going to have torches? I'm dragging my axe down to the grinding wheel right now. You think a straight edge on it, or should I work up a nice serrated pattern?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
I just had a friend who ordered a MZ Z.1. He phoned it in and got it in two days.:happydance:

I asked who he ordered it from and when he told me Beyond Bikes I flipped my lid. They have never been that fast. It was prob. a 1/1000 shot.
tell him to buy a lottery ticket...

tattoo, serrated edge... maximum damage... :)

iljicS

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Budapest, HU
What do you think the odds are that they actually have what you want in stock? Here's how it goes with beyondbikes:

Ad: Turner RFX frames in stock now! A steal at $1399! Don't wait!

Reality: In the spring, some girl special ordered an extra small pink RFX frame, then backed out of the deal. It's been sitting here for 5 months and nobody wants it because it's a wierd size and a nasty color. But we can order what you want, tell you it will be here in two weeks, then jerk you around for the rest of the season.
Finally I ordered the RFX from Beyondbikes and I got it without any problem. I wanted a large frame in grey powdercoated color and I got it what I want, but the frame original color was green anodized (I can see it in the BB shell, in the head- and seat tube) !!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I went to my local home depot today.
I now want to use an iron pry bar on them.
Just stick it in the manager's ass, and twist until his stones pop out the other side.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Wonder if we can get the guys who made CLOROPHILLA or Freewheel Burning to come help us make the three part epic Kill Beyond Bikes.

I get to be Bud, complete with the shotgun full of rocksalt and a midget grave digger. However, this time that bitch is staying down and I am getting the Hatori Hanzo Foes...

So the're not only scamming people from another countries then??? I had an awfull experience with Beyond bikes, I'm from Costa Rica and I went to Moab last year. I called them and the guy offered me the same deal of buy $500 and get free headset, so I got an Fox Talas and never received my headset,after 3 weeks waiting of course, I called Beyond bikes and that guy McCoy, I like to call him Mc Sucks!!, told me that the promotion only applies for northamerican citizens and that he can't do nothing... So what's the deal outsiders $$$ is not good for them

lovehamr

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
My exp. with beyond is the same, customer service is out the window. Kerry is also full of it about their prices. There are quite a few more deals at other on-line retailers. I have no reason to ever use beyond again.

isaacchdh

Chimp
Jan 19, 2007
hey that is why i use jenson's beyonde bikes always had problems, but its okay i riped them off to.....i dind't steal anything or anything like, but lets jsut say i got the 90 dolar pedals from azonic for close to 29 dollars.
i got my $180 dollars fox pressure suit for $100 dollars.
i dont know how i did it but it was a super bargain!

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i deal with beyond bikes strictly cause they do what they promissed me. They deliver and then they send me a follow up e-mail. The stock guy checked in with me to make sure everything was ayeet.

I have shopped there 3 times and will go back again.

Cambria..on theother hand...will NEVER accept anything after it's been opened. How can you tell if it fits or is the right colour or style?
The XXL was a kids size and it looked like a small on me. I ate it as it was openned. Totally sucked. They also sold me a mars elite in 02 and it had uneven dropouts so the dishing was off no matter what wheel went on. I ate that too.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
When it comes to buying anything online, I always make sure it's currently "in stock" before giving them my $$. I've been bit too many times by back orders and out of stock issues.

So I've come down to a resolution. I support my LBS's. We all need them from time to time and if we don't support them, they won't be there when we need them. True, sometimes there are better deals online, but if you figure in the shipping and waiting time, it's usually more cost/time effective to get it locally.

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
i´m from chile and last year i bought a couple of things there (body armor and gloves) and they sent me all that i bought, but the shipping took like a month?? something like that... even when i paid a 3 days shipping... so... at least i received all the stuff i bought ´cause from chile is very hard to go to US to talk with them...

So, reading all this topic... i guess i must feel lucky...

see you..

sorry my amateur english (shame on me)

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
When it comes to buying anything online, I always make sure it's currently "in stock" before giving them my $$. I've been bit too many times by back orders and out of stock issues.

So I've come down to a resolution. I support my LBS's. We all need them from time to time and if we don't support them, they won't be there when we need them. True, sometimes there are better deals online, but if you figure in the shipping and waiting time, it's usually more cost/time effective to get it locally.
Most of the time the bike shop takes longer to get parts instock than mailorder sites. I buy from both the bike shops and from mailorder and when the bike shop does'nt have a part instock they order things on Wednesday so if it's Friday your screwd.

Some orders take a week some take 2 or 3 weeks. I'm on week #3 for a set of lock on grips from the local shop... WTF! Again I could have gone mailorder and had them cheaper and much faster!

I always give the shop the chance to compete before buying online.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Most of the time the bike shop takes longer to get parts instock than mailorder sites. I buy from both the bike shops and from mailorder and when the bike shop does'nt have a part instock they order things on Wednesday so if it's Friday your screwd.

Some orders take a week some take 2 or 3 weeks. I'm on week #3 for a set of lock on grips from the local shop... WTF! Again I could have gone mailorder and had them cheaper and much faster!

I always give the shop the chance to compete before buying online.
I've been down this road a few times too. From my experience, bike shops do order once a week but that does not mean they ordered the part you need. They often forget to place your order or are unable to order from a paticular supplier until their bill is paid current which they will never tell you. I have heard this several times from former employees who also had to varrify bank funds before depositing their paychecks. Unfortunately there are a bike shops owned by people with absolutely no business since what so ever. Most shops are not this way but there are still plenty that are. They usually go out of business after a couple of years. Online bike retailers have their faults too. They often say the item is in stock and it's not, which of course, delays delivery. Another thing they do is say the item is available instead of in stock which means they can order the item and ship it out to you once they get it. I think this is a little misleading. Your card gets charged immediately when you place the order even though they don't have the item in stock. Then there are shops that got it together, know how to run a business and do what they say they are going to do whey they say they are going to do it. Whether it be ordering a part or repairing your bike. Consequently, these shops seems to do a tremendous business, move a lot of inventory and have friendly and knowledgeable employees. Yes, you probably pay MSRP for the item but you get it when promissed more often than not. Nothing bugs me more than a business that over commits then under delivers. :disgust:

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
That and the fact that my local bike shops think you can just wait till they decide they have enough stuff together to make a big order, to save money on shipping, or get a better price break.

Yet.... the don't give you any type of discount for waiting so they can save money.Sometimes this takes up to a month to get the stuff you orderd. If I'm buying a bike I'll go to the bike shop. But when I need grips,tires,etc.... I'm going to buy online.

The grips just kind of sent me over the top, because it's a small item to them, and they don't care when you get it. They won't even follow up on the order to find out when they will come in. It might not be alot of money I spent there, but at least it was spent there and not on the internet. The sad thing is... If I had orderd them online, I would have got a better deal, and they would be half way broken in by now.

DirtDivaDH

Chimp
Oct 16, 2005
Beautiful Moorpark, CA
Yeah...I bought some lights from them 4+ weeks ago and still haven't received them. It took them forever to even send them out. Then, when they did, they couldn't give me a tracking number or anything.

Turns out, they sent them to the wrong address. Then, instead of sending me a new shipment directly from the store and have the other guy send back the original shipment, they're having him send the stuff directly to me. That's kinda messed up.

Kerry offered to give me a good deal on my next order, but I asked him the price of a couple different items and they didn't seem like that good of deals.
They used to sponsor my team and never honored any of our discounts. When we placed orders, they lost them and we never received any product, although many of us were charged. The reason there is no longer a Beyond Bikes team is that they promised to pay for entry fees and lodging but never stepped up. They lick donkey balls. Never, ever, ever do business with those jacka$$es. They just assume that since they are so large they can treat people like smam.

Jan 24, 2006
Groom Lake
Okay, this all happened a few years ago and I think its been long enough to share without any reprecautions happening to those involved...

A friend of mine does various website designs and advertising layouts. A few years ago Beyond Bikes called him up saying they needed a super fast turn-around on a complex ad for a bike magazine. You've seen their ads in the mags, a ton of work goes in to putting all of those ads together. The job was several thousand dollars worth of work and Beyond Bikes said they would have a check in the mail that week, but begged him to do the work prior to being paid so they could get the ad in the magazine in time. He did the work and to this day has never been paid. They gave him every excuse in the book until he finally cut his losses and moved on.

So don't worry guys, it's not just you (the paying customer) that they rip off; they will rip off anyone they possibly can.

I have never personally ordered from them because I found your posts about them and can easily see you guys aren't just a bunch of worked-up, impatient people blaming the bike shop because UPS/FedEx was late delivering your order. So I thank you all for exposing Beyond Bikes for what they are. I doubt they will be around if they keep up their current practices.

Mar 17, 2008
I placed an order with Beyond Bikes for a bianchi pista back in November 2007. I was told when i ordered it that it was in stock and would be shipped out in about a week. They charged half the price of the bike to my credit card. Two weeks pass and i have no bike.

I email Beyond Bikes, never heard a responce back. Few days later i give them a call and they tell me my bike is backordered. Well maybe you should of checked that before you tell me when i called that you had it in stock and you charged my credit card. I was then told they would ship it out to me in late December. Late December comes, still no bike.

I call on January 7th, and Beau tells me they will have it by the end of February. End of February comes, still no bike. I call again and Beau once again tells me the manufacture is shipping it to them on March 7th. He said it would take five days to get to them. (Ohio to San Diego) I give them a call on March 17th, still, no bike!

I speak to Mike and he tells me he will call Bianchi real quick to see where it is, and will give me a call back. Hours pass and i get no call back. I decide to call back and cancel my order. Mike then said " well wait, i will call bianchi for you" (werent you supposed to do that earlier?) He tried to give me a lower price, but i declined his offer. I'd rather go somewhere else than keep waiting.

I will never order something from Beyond Bikes again.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Everything is always "in stock" with them. Omce burned, twice shy. I dont care if they had the last one of anything, and I was standing in the store looking at it, I got the best price ever and a bj on top of it, I won't buy anything from them ever again...

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
the horror storys from beyond bikes continue. i have never had a problem with them , but i know it's just a matter of time before i do.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I ordered some bars, a neck and some tires late last year. Tires come in good time, but nothing else. They charged double the full amount of all products. I called explained that I only got part of my order and got charged double for everything. They said no problem, said he'd give me a discount on the tires for my trouble. Check my online statement, BB charged me some abstract number that came to more than my original order should have totaled with all parts. Called again, he said "The rest of the parts are coming, let me adjust your bill." Check my statement again, he charges me full price plus shipping (which was supposed to be free) and sends an email saying things are even.

Finally I get him to give me our agreed upon price, with discount, but a charge from shipping.

The guys' name was Carey and he acted like every time we spoke he was giving me some smoking deal. He tried really hard to make me feel like I was getting this inside deal, it was so over the top.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I want to go to the actual shop someday. Just to see Cary/Jim/Joe/Bob or whoever he is today. I called a few times, and got the same guy using a different name. Each time he sounded wasted.