Quantcast

Beyond Bikes

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Is it just me, or do you have to be high to work at Beyond Bikes?

I ordered some disc pads last week for my Demo and my Morewood. Told them they had to be here for the weekend. I gave them my new address four or five times, was assured that the package would be here Friday, no worries.

Friday evening rolls around, and no visit from the good UPS man. I check the shipment details with the provided tracking number, turns out they sent it to Reno, my old address. This was after I confirmed the address with the guy on the other end of the phone four or five times.

I call them about the shipment, turns out that yes indeed they sent it to the wrong address. To get me right for Wintergreen this weekend they said they'd overnight them to show up on Saturday. Kerry who I dealt with said it was going to cost them "big money" to make this right, and that he would cover the $40 shipping.

Long story short, got the pads yesterday, looked at the invoice. Turns out they charged me for shipping. Called to ask work out what's going on, and Kerry is out of the shop.

So is it just me when I order, or is the minimum requirement to work at Beyond Bikes is that you must be high and forget to get things done right?

Don't think I'll be spending any more with them.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm confused as to why anyone does business with them anymore...There's horror stories all over the intarweb, sadly...

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i've heard nothing but bad things, not a single good thing..sounds like you've had enough of them for a lifetime after all that..they really sound btichy

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
blue said:
I'm confused as to why anyone does business with them anymore...There's horror stories all over the intarweb, sadly...
People are cheap and like to gamble...

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
I've only had one experience with them. I ordered some BB7 brakes from them a while ago. The rear was backordered, but they went ahead and charged me for both and shipped just the front.

When they finally shipped the rear (3 weeks later) they charged my credit card for the rear again.

I called and got it sorted out.

I only use LBS or JensonUSA now.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I would have gone with Jenson, who is the sh!t, but they were out of what I needed.

Lately for higher end and more exotic stuff I have had really good luck with http://go-ride.com

They always get stuff to me when they say it will be there, and they tend to bro down on shipping charges.

I'd go LBS, but I live in Virginia Beach, and the shops here look at me like I just lit up a crack pipe when I come in with the big bike or need parts for something other than a road bike or a cruiser.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Jenson, Go-ride and Pricepoint have all been good to me. Beyond Bikes sucks balls.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have used pricepoint and speedgoat and have been happy.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Go-Ride is a great shop. Pricepoint is a place I've gotten a lot of stuff from and it's all been good as long as you don't mind OEM, brown-boxed parts.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
REPOST FROM THE AIRBOMB THREAD:

Beyond Bikes and anything associated with them is absurd. They're not intentionally ripping anyone off, they're just collosally stupid.

For example:

I ordered a couple parts (a chainguide - in stock, and an 83mm BB - not in stock) they offered to call me when the BB came in as I was going to have my girlfriend pick the parts up from the shop.

A week goes by, I call and ask about the BB..

"oh yeah, it's in... sorry, we forgot to call." they said.

Alright, I send my girlfriend down to pick the stuff up the next day (I paid for all the stuff on the initial call) and she goes in and calls me like 30 minutes later and says, "the chainguide got stolen."

I'm like "What? How does that happen? I already paid for it?"

They said "We leave the stuff on display until it gets picked up, even if it's paid for..." (that makes NO sense to me at all)

Anyway, they charged the price of the guide back to the card so that was fine and I ended up getting a barely used version for half the price off a monkey a week later.

They just are very poorly run.

(i felt this was relevant to this thread as well)

Jun 15, 2006
yeah, this one time i tried to order a babyseat for my downhill bike, and they were like "your not gonna really go downhill with a baby strapped on your bike are you?" and i was like "whateva, i do wat i wan"

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
I had a good experience with beyond bikes the first time I ordered from them. But after this last order I will not do business with them again. It took 3 days for me to get an email notification of my order, and now they tell me 3-6 more days before the stuff will even be shipped! Jenson and pricepoint will send you an email immediately and will ship everything the next day, every time. So long beyond bikes...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I get alot of the same feel when I order from them. I place the order, check it out online, and it ranges from 1-3 days or 3-6 days and that's just to "confirm" the stuff. Then it's another couple of days to ship it out? Kinda hokey to me.

I have always gotten my stuff though. So I can't complain there. But as far as how they have their online ordering stuff setup it's definately in need of some re-working.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
that's better than me, i ordered something, had to wait 2 week until they said they would actually receive the item, and now they tell me its another 2 weeks. However in reality they don't even know if it will come in by then anyways. Ahh!, I think I might just get a refund and order it from someone/somewhere else, I mean can you believe it i ordered this part a long time ago, and i don't even know if i will get it by my whistler trip!! Also because i am worried about time i occasionally call in to get updates, and now the guys at the shop are treating me like ****, their tone of their voices is not proper for talking to a valued costumer it almost like their hanging up on me before i even get my message through to them, and the other day they told me their are 4 others like me trying to receive the same product!

However the great deals they give me and including every other time i have talked to them they have been great to deal with and because they are out of SD so only about 3-4 days until i receive the product (usually) almost makes able to completely forgive them this one time, almost!

might try CBO next time, but still i don't think i will be able to get as good of deals, however for everything else this summer it looks like i will go through www.Go-ride.com, and my local shop. and for a few more days www.Nashbar.com

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
I have ordered from universalcycles and if you call them up and talk to mike or josh you will be sure to get your stuff. Great business men. the no tax helps a lot and they don't charge to much for shipping. and for a lot of the things they give you they same price from any where else plus paypal is accepted.

Mastamind

Chimp
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm glad that I read this post before I decided to order from them. Really don't want to take the chance on hassel. I have a set of tires on order from pricepoint.com, so far, so good. I think I will order those Crank Bros. pedals i'm after from PP as well too!

rbn14

Chimp
Aug 5, 2005
RNO
Ha, my roommate order a pair of shoes from them last week...they only sent one!!! The other was still on display!!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
It was on display still! Fvcking ghetto, just like Beyond Bikes.

How are these ass clowns still in business?
I know they are always trying to bait me back in by sending "discounts" on product. But what is a discount on product if you never get said product? Saving money on things you never get, or get too late to use.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
I asked for ground shippin on my wheel that I ordered at the beginning of june and it took over 1 and a half months to build and then they shipped it using ground shipping but charged be for 2nd day air...
never buying again from them

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
I bought a pair of gloves and a set of combat guards from BB's BS. I accidentally selected next day shipping for some outragous fee. The gloves took three weeks to get. And when I finally got my combat guards, They charged me for another next day shipping! It was thirty bucks more than I had agreed to ( so much for a good deal!).

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
I guess i got lucky? I ordered a gold hadley hub, they 'price matched' it or whatever via email, I paid, and it showed up 6 buisness days after payment?:confused:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
CKxx said:
I guess i got lucky? I ordered a gold hadley hub, they 'price matched' it or whatever via email, I paid, and it showed up 6 buisness days after payment?:confused:
Well, if they screwed people every time then they wouldn't be in business.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Yep. I've ordered from BB before. Everything was sent on time, maybe because it was a large order (a couple hundred $$$)? So the other day, July 25th, I placed an order with BB's stoned cousin; Airbomb. Only because I didn't find any other websites that had the product. So eight days later and no email update I decide to check the status on their website. They haven't done anything. It's one item. Not hard to ship out. Now I look on their website and the item isn't even listed anymore. So I'm calling them today, and if it's not shipped out I'm cancelling my order. I found the part at Jenson, and I've delt with them before and they seem to be head and shoulders above these two west coast morons.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
rbn14 said:
Ha, my roommate order a pair of shoes from them last week...they only sent one!!! The other was still on display!!
that's awesome. i'm picturing a SNL skit where some meek guy gets just one shoe in the order, and calls up the company that screwed up, and Will Ferrell plays the 'customer service' guy and does some sort of psychotic rationalization speech.

"well what do you expect, loser? those things were half-off retail price"

good times.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
So I just called Airbomb. After being disconnected twice while being connected to their shipping department, I talked to some dude. Of course they were having difficulty finding the part I ordered. Wow, they couldn't have sent me an email informing me of this after day one? No wonder no one likes them. So I cancelled to order and placed it with jensonusa, and it was cheaper. I've already received an email from jenson. :thumb:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Do you guys think I should order something from them? They are the only place that carries the discontinued item in my size.
Wow...you're reading comprehension is lacking to a very severe degree.

That'd be a "NO!! WTF are you thinking???!?!? NO!!!!!!"

Find something similar. Google is your friend. Find it. Search it. Love it. DO NOT SETTLE!!!

F*ck people are dumb.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Do you guys think I should order something from them? They are the only place that carries the discontinued item in my size.
:rofl:

Dozens of People said:
Beyond Bikes sucks! They don't ship orders, don't stock parts, scam people out of money and have terrible business practices. Don't ever order anything from there! They're terrible!

Random Dude said:
So... Should I order from them?