bianchi pista YAY!!!

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
anywho

after looking for some fixies

i came upon the pista.

looks good for 550

how would it be for road riding, the geometry looks more like a track bike, so my only worry would be the comfort of the ride.

discuss :blah:

VCUWhiteGuy

Chimp
Sep 9, 2005
I bought a Pista two weeks ago, and the ride is not all that harsh. I commute daily on it in Richmond, VA and have so far put around 250-300 miles on it (I dont have a computer, so its an educated guess).

The frame and fork are superstiff and it is really fast. The gearing is a little harsh if you live in a hillly area, 48x16. The wheelset is pretty nice, the hubs i was pretty impressed with and are running like butter, but I'll wait for later to make a final judgment. The bike does have traditional track geometry, but is relatively comfortable after some minor modifications. The only thing i did to alter the geometry was to flip the stem so it was facing up, giving it a more upright position.

Being in Richmond, VA, the land of the potholes, the Pista holds up pretty well and turns well for a track bike. The saving grace of the bike is the track bar, which is steel, so it dampens better than a regular aluminum drop bar.

The only thing i would personally change would be the headset, its a cheap cartridge bearing aheadset and is already getting a little sticky. Thats not a huge upgrade, although with a 1 inch steerer, it limits your choices for an upgrade. Im personally going to go with an FSA sealed bearing headset, since its cheap and reliable (I REALLY wanna go with King, but i do like eating).

So, I would recommend getting it if you want a good fun fixie.

PS: GD im long winded

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
only reason i wouldn't get one is because they are the fixie everyone gets. Only way to be as boring(withing this context) is to get a Surly. I for instance, am having a lot of fun lately on a vintage Marinoni. With tubulars! on hills! ha. the world of fixed gear riding is something of a slippery slope into cycling esoterica; and um superlatives, ya.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
VCUWhiteGuy said:
yeah, i agree, everyone who is getting a fixie these days, is getting a pista.

dude its cool though. i picked one up today, and my god is it fast as hell

and supppper light

plus its a bianchi and was only 550 bucks

and i dont care if everybody has it cause i ride a bullit so i got over it lol

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Man, fixies are fun. Only road bike I've got now is a fixie. I can't imagine riding anything else.

I'm sooo old skool.

Enjoi!

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
yea man, its so fun to know that you can just hammer it and not have to worry about changin gears and ****. damn, why didnt i buy one of these earlier, hmmmm

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I have that bike too. I ride that thing more than any of my other bikes. It makes my commute to work a lot more fun.