Quantcast

bibs/shorts with little padding

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I want some bibs, but all the ones I've found have too much padding.

All I want is a quality, non-chaffing, good-wicking chamois with only enough padding for the chamois to do the job.

If you know of some bibs, please please post up. If I can't find any, I'll take recommendations on shorts.

TIA!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
SUgoi Technifine shorts are really sweet. The ass pad is not too fluffy... its thick and dense but its not like wearing a diper like some of them are... also much of the pad is made of extremely durable material... as is the material of the shorts, its not your typical lycra, its very durable and hard to tear. I picke up my pair from the LBS for about $35-$40 I think.

- JB

J

JRB

Go talk to Anthony Sloan at Wheat Ridge Cyclery and tell him your problems. He is a cool cat from Austin that is well versed in cycling. I have some older PI shorts that have a real suede chamois. I would look into a fit for the bike though. Doesn't sound like shorts really.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
golgiaparatus said:
SUgoi Technifine shorts ...
Thanks! I'm gonna look around, maybe they make a bib too?

loco-gringo said:
Go talk to Anthony Sloan at Wheat Ridge Cyclery and tell him your problems. He is a cool cat from Austin that is well versed in cycling. I have some older PI shorts that have a real suede chamois. I would look into a fit for the bike though. Doesn't sound like shorts really.
Wheat Ridge has a great reputation tho I've not visited them yet, so that should be fun.

I don't think it's a fit problem cuz I have a pair of shorts (Primal) that have very little padding and have been great, but they're starting to fall apart and are chaffing. I tried Performance's Ultra bib and loved everything about 'em, except the excess padding.

Suede chamois sounds good.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco-gringo said:
I would look into a fit for the bike though. Doesn't sound like shorts really.
now that I've thought about it, I think that should be backwards...

if you need padded shorts, then your bike probably isn't fit right and/or wrong saddle.

Bought some Descente Classic Pros... very little padding, simply wonderful. Rode today for 3 hours, no numbness... great shorts.

Even bought 'em at Wheat Ridge. Funny story... walking around, Joe walks up, starts to help me, we talk about shorts for like 20 minutes. He shows me the Descente, I thank him and he goes, "Did you race at Winter Park last season?" I'm like, hey, you look familiar.

It was RM's very own Triphop -- haven't seen him in more than a year and we only rode together once anyway.

J

JRB

I just got some Micro Sensors since I am doing a 75 mile ride in the Davis Mtns next weekend.

I wanted some LGI Alveos, but Performance only had S, M, and xtra fat. Didn't find any at shops last weekend. Shop in town sucks for good stuff.

J

JRB

loco-gringo said:
I just got some Micro Sensors since I am doing a 75 mile ride in the Davis Mtns next weekend.

I wanted some LGI Alveos, but Performance only had S, M, and xtra fat. Didn't find any at shops last weekend. Shop in town sucks for good stuff.

40 very slow miles on them yesterday and wasn't overly thrilled. I think my saddle is broken down and I need to put my Flite Trans Am on the bike. I will try again tomorrow. Stupid 75 miles in the Davis Mtns is sounding less and less like fun.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
I forget, are you on a mt. or road bike?
Road yesterday. I can't imagine my ass not hurting after 40 miles on any trail here regardless of shorts.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
LordOpie said:
I want some bibs, but all the ones I've found have too much padding.

All I want is a quality, non-chaffing, good-wicking chamois with only enough padding for the chamois to do the job.

If you know of some bibs, please please post up. If I can't find any, I'll take recommendations on shorts.

TIA!

You just wanna show off your ween....

J

JRB

The Micro Sensors and the SI Flite Trans Am treated me right on the 75 mile ride. :thumb: I think a lot had to do with chamois butt'r too.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
i'm thinking if you NEED chamois cream, then you're either in the wrong shorts, on the wrong saddle, or your fit needs adjusting. Just a thought.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
i'm thinking if you NEED chamois cream, then you're either in the wrong shorts, on the wrong saddle, or your fit needs adjusting. Just a thought.

We might just sweat more here. That or we actually wipe our bottoms. ;)

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
loco-gringo said:
Dude you just blew his cover. Don't you know that Coloradians dispise Texans. Now he'll no respect. :nuts: