Quantcast

Biden Presidency 2021 - ?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Manchin really is gonna fuck you all (us all to some degree) in the ass eh?
@kidwoo the best day for that was yesterday. The next best time is now.
Honestly if I lived in the US I would be out by now. I guess technically I did that already but if I lived there more recently, with kids… fuck that.
29D95748-088C-4B1F-A6E7-12AF38A4C0FD.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Honestly if I lived in the US I would be out by now. I guess technically I did that already but if I lived there more recently, with kids… fuck that.
I may still make my exit in a decade. But for now too shackled mentally by debt to walk away from my American paycheck.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was kidding when I essentially said Fuck You while talking to the president. He can't take a joke?

Again with the fox news.

Look man. I told you, we're here for you. Shoot me your mailing address. Just some organic fruit and good pastries, maybe some meat n' cheese if that's your thing. But we gotta talk. We really do.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Again with the fox news.

Look man. I told you, we're here for you. Shoot me your mailing address. Just some organic fruit and good pastries, maybe some meat n' cheese if that's your thing. But we gotta talk. We really do.
I was not surprised to find out the caller was an ex Medford cop. He's likely no longer a cop because Medford has gotten to liberal for him. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Again with the fox news.

I changed the link to Rolling Stone, is that more appropriate?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
So Biden is now open to trying to get rid of the filibuster, or to be more precise only when voting about voting rights. You never know, Republicans might join the 48 Dems who may vote for it.

Mitt said:
“There is also a reasonable chance Republicans will win both houses in Congress and that Donald Trump himself could once again be elected president in 2024,” Senator Mitt Romney, a Republican of Utah, said on the Senate floor on Tuesday. “Have Democrats thought what it would mean for them, for the Democrat minority to have no power whatsoever?”
The silent bit: “We will end democracy, bitches.”

The thing is at this point it seems so broken it’s fucked either way.

Remove the filibuster, get some voting rights but don’t remove gerrymandering = Probably lose Congress anyway, game over.

Don’t remove the filibuster = Maybe lose both, game over.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
the better option is the carve out for voting rights, no?
Yeah, but as I said, the recent round of congressional map district redraws has made it really likely Republicans will flip Congress even if voting rights happen. They’d need to be dealt with too, and that doesn’t seem like it’s on the table, unless I totally missed it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/15/us/politics/republicans-2022-redistricting-maps.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/14/us/politics/senate-races-2022.html

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The thing about ‘burn it all down’ MAGA types ascending is that then they will, indeed, try and ‘burn it all down’, and the ensuing pushback/pendulum in ‘28 will be something to behold.

Beware the curse: “May you live in interesting times”.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
This is interesting. The comments are interesting too. So much of America, I’d guess a good 65% is not ready to face the truth about itself, to have the social and racial reckoning that is so required, as someone put it, to stop America’s soul rotting completely. The trouble is the tensions caused by this rot are now becoming existential. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/25/opinion/gallup-poll-democrats.html

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Breyer announces retirement. Let the fighting begin.

Hows crafty old Mitch gonna game the system this time? Drag it out past November and hope for a Republican legislature that'll block nominees for 2+ years?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Breyer announces retirement. Let the fighting begin.

Hows crafty old Mitch gonna game the system this time? Drag it out past November and hope for a Republican legislature that'll block nominees for 2+ years?
If Manchin and Sinema don't fuck it up, Mitch can't block it that I can see.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Siri, what is "tone deaf neoliberalism"

View attachment 170939

I don't know who brandon is but fuck joe biden
You do realize Biden only bumped up the budget because of a mass exodus of police officers because of the defund the police movement and lack of local government support. No one wants to be in law enforcement and they are desperate to fill the spots of the officers they chased out. I know a few cops that retired early because they now fear for their lives more than ever, in addition to the lack of police backing at the local level.

You do realize Biden only bumped up the budget because of a mass exodus of police officers because of the defund the police movement and lack of local government support. No one wants to be in law enforcement and they are desperate to fill the spots of the officers they chased out. I know a few cops that retired early because they now fear for their lives more than ever, in addition to the lack of police backing at the local level.
I am not sympathetic with police who "fear for their lives". As a culture they have become murderous thugs. Post 9/11 they have retired into armored castles. They're divorced from reality.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You do realize no single police force in the US was defunded, and most of them are under a now expanded city budget. At most a few cities reduced the ANNUAL GROWTH of program budgets but only Portland actually reduced theirs........and then went right back and vastly expanded it again.

You do realize most police resignations were due to temper tantrums over not having their asses kissed anymore.

Fear for their lives. Please. More pizza delivery drivers die every year than cops. Covid is currently the number one cop killer right now because so many of them refuse to get vaccinated, and don't give a shit about regulations....all while enforcing their favorite ones on other people.

This is one of those things that you believe that I genuinely wish were true but it's not.

"defunded" LOL

FKSKOEtXsAIhTBe.jpg

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If it werent for the fucking misinterpretation of the second amendment, there never would have been so many fucking guns available in the US. Major american fuckup that most countries avoided.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If it werent for the fucking misinterpretation of the second amendment, there never would have been so many fucking guns available in the US. Major american fuckup that most countries avoided.
it's a fantasy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i like to interpret the term "arms" in 2A as armaments, not firearms. where's mah bazooker