Quantcast

Biden Presidency 2021 - ?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Merick Garland was Obama's centrist compromise appointment in an attempt to get Mcconnel to give him a hearing.

Making him AG means there will be no consequences for an administration that just tried to install a dictatorship, undermine the two other branches of government and basically kickstart american fascism.

This will probably be the most significant single event 'where we went wrong' and the united states collapses in about 8 years.

Without reconciliation for abuse of power, the next one will just be that much worse. And this one almost worked.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Merick Garland was Obama's centrist compromise appointment in an attempt to get Mcconnel to give him a hearing.

Making him AG means there will be no consequences for an administration that just tried to install a dictatorship, undermine the two other branches of government and basically kickstart american fascism.

This will probably be the most significant single event 'where we went wrong' and the united states collapses in about 8 years.

Without reconciliation for abuse of power, the next one will just be that much worse. And this one almost worked.
You know Biden's not president yet, right?

Listen, I'm all on board with being dissapointed yet again with so called "centrist democrats", no one here has taken more heat than me for demanding that democrats actually become the party of the left, but lets at least let the administration get sworn in before we start bitching about how feckless it is. Now is the time to make sure that the people who are supposed to represent you know what you expect of them.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"no one saw this coming"

"that could never happen here"

The problem is we refuse to listen to the people who do see it coming, who are telling you "this is exactly how this happens here"

I'm not going to apologize for pointing out a mistake that I don't need to learn the lesson from 4 years from now. People have been warning about a failure to recognize what just happened for months and years now. They're not being listened to and there will be bad consequences for that.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You know Biden's not president yet, right?

Listen, I'm all on board with being dissapointed yet again with so called "centrist democrats", no one here has taken more heat than me for demanding that democrats actually become the party of the left, but lets at least let the administration get sworn in before we start bitching about how feckless it is. Now is the time to make sure that the people who are supposed to represent you know what you expect of them.
yeah I mean what's the worst that can happen when you let an aspiring dictator and the network of media and gov't officials who support him go unchecked?

:D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

It also opens up the appeals court seat for some for more left, which his assumed replacement (forgot her name) apparently is, with a next in line for SCOTUS plan.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Biden’s speech is off the hook, but I wonder if there will be any teeth behind it.

Nah Dem's have spent too many years being timid as fuck.
I'm going with toothless.
Also for the 25th..... You need 8 cabinet members. in the last 1-2 days 3 have gone. How many are left?
The odds are that the 25th will never happen.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Nah Dem's have spent too many years being timid as fuck.
I'm going with toothless.
Also for the 25th..... You need 8 cabinet members. in the last 1-2 days 3 have gone. How many are left?
The odds are that the 25th will never happen.
Doesn't matter, just needs to be invoked to strip him of pardon power and authority the next 13 days while they work through impeachment, which has a lower standard for congressional passage

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
25th him to get him out the way so he can't pardon anyone and limit the damage he can cause.
Then impeach and convict him so he can't run again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah those professional bootlickers are going to invoke the 25th. I'll buy kidwoo a 6 pack in the name of SteveW if that happens.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I had a hockey game the night after Trump won the presidency and a friend whom is good human and not a selfish prick made a wager with me that Trump wouldn't last the full 4 years. Myself being a pessimist and recognizing how shitty Americans are figured that there was no way a sociopath and a bunch of Brians would remove this cunt from the presidency.....

....The bet was a case of Treehouse beer.... we're both biting our nails

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had a hockey game the night after Trump won the presidency and a friend whom is good human and not a selfish prick made a wager with me that Trump wouldn't last the full 4 years. Myself being a pessimist and recognizing how shitty Americans are figured that there was no way a sociopath and a bunch of Brians would remove this cunt from the presidency.....

I think you're good

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I'm doubtful it'll happen at this point. It's posturing, politics, etc. If it happened a week into the presidency, sure, but unfortunately, this president has normalized this shit over time.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

Edit: full story

New rule adopted last year regarding 'exclusive' committees. I think finance should be her exclusive one. She's too good at it.
I suppose „oversight“ still plays very much to her strength, but she could have had the biggest impact on the finance committee.

If only there was a way to make American politics less dependent on donations. I’m very pro business (as in, you know, actual businesses that produce, innovate and create jobs) and she’s the kind of politician I’d throw all my support behind. And I guess lots of people who aren’t shady and/or Wall Street execs would as well.