Quantcast

Biden Presidency 2021 - ?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So, a non-Biden friend just posted this on the old FB. The numbers are fairly close to accurate, based on some quick google searching, though the interest rate and gas prices are a tad off.

The Post:
I am making this post so it will show back up as a future memory on my timeline:
Today is 1 day until the Biden/Harris Inauguration. Gas is currently $2.15 per gallon. Interest rates are 2.25 percent for a 30 year mortgage. The stock market closed at 30829.40 though we have been fighting COVID for 11 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33.1 percent. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest it has been in years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well. And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented! Also Unemployment sits at 6.7% in spite of COVID. Biden takes over on 1-20-21. Copied from a Friend.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So, a non-Biden friend just posted this on the old FB. The numbers are fairly close to accurate, based on some quick google searching, though the interest rate and gas prices are a tad off.

The Post:
I am making this post so it will show back up as a future memory on my timeline:
Today is 1 day until the Biden/Harris Inauguration. Gas is currently $2.15 per gallon. Interest rates are 2.25 percent for a 30 year mortgage. The stock market closed at 30829.40 though we have been fighting COVID for 11 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33.1 percent. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest it has been in years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well. And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented! Also Unemployment sits at 6.7% in spite of COVID. Biden takes over on 1-20-21. Copied from a Friend.
Your friend is an idiot.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
No mention of 400,000 dead Americans from the "democratic virus hoax", no mention of all the people facing eviction. no mention of all the small businesses goin under. No mention of the PPE Shortages for all the frontline healthcare workers. no mention of kids in cages, no mention of the largest foreign government data breach into US Government computers ever. That list is so full of shit

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
No mention of 400,000 dead Americans from the "democratic virus hoax", no mention of all the people facing eviction. no mention of all the small businesses goin under. No mention of the PPE Shortages for all the frontline healthcare workers. no mention of kids in cages, no mention of the largest foreign government data breach into US Government computers ever. That list is so full of shit
But it contains a few verifiable numbers, so the whole thing must be true, right?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What, exactly are the 17 executive orders that Mr. Biden just signed? One was to rejoin the Paris climate accord...
I came here to see if there was any discussion on this, but I am disappoint.

Here are some highlights:
  • Rejoined World Health Organization
  • Rejoined Paris climate accord
  • Extended moratorium on housing evictions and foreclosures
  • Extended pause on student loan repayments and interest
  • Rescinded the Trump 1776 Commission
  • Reversed Trump restrictions on Muslims entering the country
  • Stopped construction of border wall
  • Cancelled the Keystone XL Pipeline
  • Undid some Trump immigration policies
  • Requires masks be worn at all times and social distancing on Federal property

At the risk of sounding partisan, I agree with all of these things.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

you sound partisan.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

"Yawn" - SteveW.

:rolleyes:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

My opinion is the "executive order" thing has gotten out of hand, starting several presidents ago. Let's get some actual legislation moving, for cry eye. Let's see the executive branch helping shape and direct policy that the legislative branch enacts. For fuck's sake, let's see our government do they'reª fucking job. That taken into consideration, maybe the only way to undo some of the EOs of the last administration is through EOs? I guess I can't profess to know exactly how all that shit works.

I, also, agree with all of the things signed off on. I was pleased to see a wide(ish) range of focus of the orders. Also happy to see that some things (8 out of 9) weren't just reversals of Trump EOs. I like that not only are these EOs being signed, but there's a 'plan' being formulated to address the shit that's going on in the country. Even if right now the plan is just "Hey, on Tuesday we're gonna talk about and work on equality stuff" that's at least a start. Did Trump ever have such a thing? Maybe? Who fucking knows... not me. But then again, I was less interested in what that fat fuck was going to attempt to do while in office, as I pretty much assumed most of it was gonna be shit I wouldn't agree with. Spoiler alert: I was right.

I appreciate that the "Rejoin WHO" EO is followed up by actually engaging with that group, sending Fauci to the board meeting. I appreciate that there's a clear signal that this administration is going to "listen to the experts" rather than trying to be the "fucking know-it-alls" that don't actually know shit. And while I can understand concern that the WHO showed "undue deference to China and (failed) to provide accurate information about the coronavirus", simply pulling out didn't seem like the right call to me. So, yay.

Some of the economy stuff (extending the housing stuff and student loan stuff) is just shit Trump could have should have done over the last couple of months, but couldn't be arsed to do his fucking job so it didn't get done. Small things, those, but good to see them done.

Requiring non-citizens to be counted for census (and therefore the whole "how many reps do we get in congress" thing) purposes? Fuck yes. And then, don't stop there... Let's fuckin' redraw some districts in less stupid (gerrymandered) ways, and investigate other ways to un-fuck this system and have the people better represented.

Okay. I need to walk dogs. But there... there's some thoughts and discussion. The last thing I'll say is this: the only thing I haven't seen any news or plans on is Trump's senate trial. That friggin' needs to happen. "Convict" (or whatever it's called in an impeachment trial) that asshole, and then (long shot here) let's clean some house in the House (and Senate).

Here's a poopdeck'd article that summarizes in case the link got lost on the last page or two...

you sound like someone with half a neuron.
FIFY.

ªFor @SkaredShtles ya limey fuck

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Is it just me, or did the Trump administration's approach and handling of the pandemic actually get much worseª after Donny was vaccinated? I think maybe I read somewhere (need source) that the Feds were like "we got vaccines incoming, it's on the states to figure out distribution" or something like that. That seems... ill advised. Yeah, great plan: let's make all the states fight for who gets the vaccine. Because why? We're a free-market capitalist nation? These aren't iPhones, Donald. This is not a luxury item. And just because the booger-eating morons in this country still think we're "the greatest country on Earth™" doesn't mean that we're not susceptible to a global pandemic.

Assholes.

ªBy which I mean the administration just stopped doing anything about it. Like, fuck all you poors and plebians... we got ours already so... we good.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
And yet the US still somehow managed to vaccinate over 5% of the population already, which is a lot more than most other developed countries.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
And yet the US still somehow managed to vaccinate over 5% of the population already, which is a lot more than most other developed countries.
A reasonable point. If America was "the greatest country on Earth™" in my opinion we'd not only have our shit sorted, but we'd be in a position to help other countries get their shit sorted as well. Call me a Globalist Elite® if you want, but it's been pretty apparent to me for "quite some time" that this is a global world we live in now. No sense in sequestering ourselves into a tribal corner or taking our ball and going home.

And you know what? To keep my morning rants on the thread topic: if Biden's team was actually "shocked" that the Trump administration "had no vaccine distribution strategy" then fuck shame on them... I'm just some dickhead in Colorado and I could tell you the Trump administration didn't have a plan. Jesus.

A reasonable point. If America was "the greatest country on Earth™" in my opinion we'd not only have our shit sorted, but we'd be in a position to help other countries get their shit sorted as well. Call me a Globalist Elite® if you want, but it's been pretty apparent to me for "quite some time" that this is a global world we live in now. No sense in sequestering ourselves into a tribal corner or taking our ball and going home.

And you know what? If Biden's team was actually "shocked" that the Trump administration "had no vaccine distribution strategy" then fuck shame on them... I'm just some dickhead in Colorado and I could tell you the Trump administration didn't have a plan. Jesus.
They're trying to get on top of a pile of issues under the handicap that Mr. Trump's staff refused to provide information during the transition period.

I'm sort of trying to see through the fog of whining and figure out what's actually going on; I think you are also striving to do that.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I think I read that, at this rate, it'll be spring 2022 before we have 75% of the population fully vaccinated.
that said, I suck at math.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
They're trying to get on top of a pile of issues under the handicap that Mr. Trump's staff refused to provide information during the transition period.

I'm sort of trying to see through the fog of whining and figure out what's actually going on; I think you are also striving to do that.
I also am sort of trying to have that insight, yeah. And to be honest, the whole "OMG Biden's team was shocked to learn blah blah blah" in that Tweet is just a headline, it's just a media hook. Shock and awe. Given Biden's appointees and actions so far, I would not be surprised to learn that the incoming team also anticipated that there was no strategy (or at least any strategy or plan in place wasn't going to be sufficient to meet the aggressive distribution goals Biden was squawking about) in place and started working on it "from scratch" if you will. At least, I would hope that's the case. We'll see. Are there quantifiable goals that have been laid out? Like... what's the metric we're gonna try and hit? It seems we fell rather short of the previous administration's goals of "20 million vaccinated against coronavirus by the end of the year" but is there a new goal?

If I were to give advice to the incoming administration it's this: be transparent. With everything. Own the fuck ups. Celebrate the wins. Make sure if the plan or goal needs to change because new shit comes to light, scream it from the rooftops. And tell why. Detractors will always detract, that's what they do. And with the vaccinations, maybe don't say X number of people vaccinated by X date until you know what the actual logistics are, because there are many.

Last edited: