Quantcast

Biden Presidency 2021 - ?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Currently being stymied from getting the transition underway by the previous administration denying the reality of losing.

I heard a news piece today that the courts have basically until mid December, that's when deadline is for the states to recognize the new President. It's hysterical to watch Fox News talk about "we all know there's mass fraud, but the hard part is proving it in court and getting evidence".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I heard a news piece today that the courts have basically until mid December, that's when deadline is for the states to recognize the new President. It's hysterical to watch Fox News talk about "we all know there's mass fraud, but the hard part is proving it in court and getting evidence".
Remember the days when it was the evidence that convinced people if things?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
My worry is some fucking mouth-breathing, overweight proudboy will self-suicide and do enough damage to make it 2021-2021.

On the other hand you’d get Ms. Harris so not all bad...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
For most people, nothing is going to change.
brown people, doesn't count

People who sit around and say "nothing changes" don't really understand the role of representative government. You're not electing a single solitary position that you just pat on the butt, send on its way and then demand some nebulous service that you roughly outline once every 4 years. You gotta tell them what you want. Through movements, your own representatives, it's an active process. The 'I done my work with a vote, now make things on the tv that I like to see' is some seriously entitled american, slack ass stupidity. Getting people in gov't that align with your beliefs that you can work with, not just be served by is just the start, not the end.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"he doesn't mean it when he hits me, I mean where else am I gonna go?"

aka: tripping over your own dick pt 1

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Yes, I know there are x-hundred pieces of Dem congressional legislation sitting rotting on the Ancient Asshole Evil Turtle's desk, but this will add a new element. As well as Dem congressional shit being blocked, now any Rep Senate procedural stuff can be blocked as well. I suppose that is slightly better... maybe?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
the only substantive things congress has moved the last 3 years is tax breaks for rich people and then covid grifter loans for corporate boards this year. kinda stalemated already in terms of legislation.

judge confirmations however.....

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yes, I know there are x-hundred pieces of Dem congressional legislation sitting rotting on the Ancient Asshole Evil Turtle's desk, but this will add a new element. As well as Dem congressional shit being blocked, now any Rep Senate procedural stuff can be blocked as well. I suppose that is slightly better... maybe?
From what I understand that list also includes quite a few bipartisan offerings as well.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/24/us/politics/biden-nominees-national-security.html

“His presidency may be the establishment’s last, best chance to demonstrate that liberal internationalism is a superior strategy to populist nationalism,” Thomas Wright, the Brookings Institution foreign policy scholar, wrote in The Atlantic recently.
Wowwwww. Just... wowwww. The last chance to demonstrate something utterly obvious to any sane human?

Also slightly depressing feeling that the upshot of this will probably be a lot of brown people dying for profit, because you can’t possibly grasp that military intervention isn’t the only tool in the case. Fucking learn from your own mistakes!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I really want to be happy that Biden is going to be your president, but reality is making it hard.

I am super hopeful he genuinely does some serious shit about climate change though.