Quantcast

Biden Presidency 2021 - ?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I think SS is correct from what I understand. Biden wants to get 100M vaccinated within the first 100 days. That's all fine & dandy, but what happens when dose #2 is needed? Will Pfizer & Moderna be able produce enough in time to meet the recommended 2nd dose timeline? I heard it doesn't have to be the exact "28" days between vaccines, but what if it extends to 60 days? Will that compromise its effectiveness?
"The second dose should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible. However, if it is not feasible to adhere to the recommended interval, the second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines may be scheduled for administration up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose. There are currently limited data on efficacy of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered beyond this window. If the second dose is administered beyond these intervals, there is no need to restart the series."

The first dose allows for the body to begin developing an immune response. Anyone contracting Covid after receiving only the first dose should experience less severe symptoms than those who have not received the first booster.

While getting two doses in everyone is best, even getting one should help alleviate the burden on our healthcare system.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So Josh Hawley votes against certification of the first black female vice president, he votes against confirmation of the first black Secretary of Defense, and he incited a riot of white supremacists onto the Capitol. At least he is consistent?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Didn't I hear 100 million in 100 days somewhere? May be unreasonably optimistic... but we could use some of that right now, methinks.
Joe did say it would take moving Heaven and Earth to make this happen, but that is still his plan. A reporter asked him yesterday how that was going, and he answered "Give me a break." lmao

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So Josh Hawley votes against certification of the first black female vice president, he votes against confirmation of the first black Secretary of Defense, and he incited a riot of white supremacists onto the Capitol. At least he is consistent?
Maybe we can declare he is now the official eunuch of The Turd Reich?*

*Thanks to @Full Trucker for this beautiful nugget. :rofl:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Production is production
Is it though? Or are production, warehousing/storage, distribution, and administration inextricably linked? I would posit that they are.

the last admiration left distribution to the state government to determine who gets what & when. Its up to the states to deliver once they have the vaccine in hand.
And how well has this approach worked for getting vaccines into arms? It's worked as well as it has, is the answer. Perhaps another approach that utilizes a more centrally coordinated / planned distribution and administration model will work better. We're gonna find out. 'Cuz it seems to me that the more hands off approach has led to...

...a surplus of doses here which will most likely go bad before they are given because of the on going pissing match.
But I'm just armchair quarterbacking this shit. Like I said previously... it's not like there aren't really dang smart people in this country that do this stuff. Maybe let's engage them.

Final parting shot: I find it humorous and ironic (and not in the Alanis Morrisette way) that several Trump's businesses, according to financial disclosures filed by the outgoing president, have been hit pretty hard by this pandemic. Likely (almost definitely) due to being hotel and travel in nature. And now, how quickly or resolutely Biden's administration is able to steer recovery (both from a public heath and safety as well as economic perspective) may very well impact the fate of those businesses. I mean, from my perspective the guy shot himself in the foot by downplaying the severity of the pandemic and not comprehensively leading the strategy to not only get the vaccine to the country but also get it into people's arms, and he then compounded his own troubles by trying to overturn the results of an election that was won by the guy that's gonna actually try and do those things that could save his ass.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I mean, from my perspective the guy shot himself in the foot by downplaying the severity of the pandemic and not comprehensively leading the strategy to not only get the vaccine to the country but also get it into people's arms, he then tried to overturn an election that was won by the guy that's gonna actually do those things and save his ass.
If Trump isn't the textbook example of "Failing Upward" I dont know who is.
If only his entire business history and personal life could have served as some kind of indicator that he was in no way qualified to run anything, up to and including a french fryer at a fast food restaurant. No one could have predicted........

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
McConnell may well be one of the most awful people to ever walk the earth, but it can also be that he's perhaps the slimiest and most cunning politician to ever ooze across the halls of congress. He knows what he is doing.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
For years now, the Republicans have been really good at making sure the rules are written in a manner that favors them. And McConnell knows all the rules, and how to play by them. Sneaky little fucker.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If only his entire business history and personal life could have served as some kind of indicator that he was in no way qualified to run anything, up to and including a french fryer at a fast food restaurant. No one could have predicted........

He wanted to install marble in the bathrooms of the planes in his commuter airline.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Speaking of impeachable, I wonder if Brian is pissed that Biden owns a Rolex?

(insert that weird sweaty superhero choosing which button to push meme here.)
I love all the hullabaloo about Biden and his $7K Rolex when Trump's most notable watches are a $32K Vacheron Constantin and a $28K Patek Philippe.

Of course, those are both peanuts compared to Putin's $560K A. Lange & Söhne.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Do we care about Sleepy Uncle Joe being on the dark money take to the tune of $145 mill?

I personally don't think I do. While I'd really like to see massive campaign reform across the board, and limiting how much a campaign can spend, etc. I figure it's kinda like Le Tour... if they're all doing drugs then it's kind of still a fair race. Right?