Quantcast

Biden Presidency 2021 - ?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
(checks head before starting this conversation...)

So, Biden is talking again about an assault weapons ban, restricting high capacity magazines, banning online sales of guns/ammo, red flag laws. I'm for universal background checks, and increased punishment for crimes committed with a weapon, or for breaking existing gun laws. I'm not quite sure how I feel about having to register weapons under NFA, I know that $200/ea is better in my pocket.

His move here is a catch 22; It's fuel for the right wing talking heads, and sure to create a huge swell of R & 2A turnout in 2022 contests. Moreso, it divides the center and left too, as many Independent voters are not anti-AR. This will become a HUGE topic that the right wing is going to be talking about, I'll bet on it.

What is your definition of "common sense gun laws" these days? Do you feel that a gun with a 10-rd magazine is safer than one with a 17-rd magazine? Would you feel safer if people had to pay a fee to register a weapon, even though a background check is no more stringent than a normal gun purchase?

fire-suit on and fully zipped.

I own a pistol with a fifteen shot magazine, which is pretty inane. Nonetheless, I'd be at least mildly cranky if, now that I have owned it for years, it became illegal in Vermont...

Interesting to watch the "United" Kingdom, where the police chase people around for owning pocket knives...

Not sure what the right answer/balance might be.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

So, Biden is talking again about an assault weapons ban, restricting high capacity magazines, banning online sales of guns/ammo, red flag laws. I'm for universal background checks, and increased punishment for crimes committed with a weapon, or for breaking existing gun laws. I'm not quite sure how I feel about having to register weapons under NFA, I know that $200/ea is better in my pocket.

His move here is a catch 22; It's fuel for the right wing talking heads, and sure to create a huge swell of R & 2A turnout in 2022 contests. Moreso, it divides the center and left too, as many Independent voters are not anti-AR. This will become a HUGE topic that the right wing is going to be talking about, I'll bet on it.

What is your definition of "common sense gun laws" these days? Do you feel that a gun with a 10-rd magazine is safer than one with a 17-rd magazine? Would you feel safer if people had to pay a fee to register a weapon, even though a background check is no more stringent than a normal gun purchase?

Mandatory training and qualification. Registration good. Limits on how "military" the weapon can be. This shit needs to be taken back from the absolute train-wreck it currently is. Sure, people can own firearms, no problem with that, but there need to be reasonable controls associated with it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
(ignoring the fact that the wrong people who really want them can always get guns)...if you don't need to shoot it to eat to live you don't need a fucking gun. i the real world i agree with jm.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
#bidentownhall

Well that was crap, there were no flags, no freedum eagles, no terrible dancing or chants of lock him up...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Mandatory training and qualification. Registration good. Limits on how "military" the weapon can be. This shit needs to be taken back from the absolute train-wreck it currently is. Sure, people can own firearms, no problem with that, but there need to be reasonable controls associated with it.
We also need baby licenses. We can’t just have anyone and everyone procreating. Gotta take a test to drive a car? Gotta take a test to make a driver.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Just generally speaking, I'd feel "safer" if I didn't have to live in the US.

The assault weapons ban made a difference. You can see how things have changed since its repeal. Open braggadocio gun felating has normalized militarization of the populace. That's just fuckin weird. I just want my chicken sammich from wendys and go see a movie. Now I need a gun to protect myself from my neighbor with infowars blaring in his earbuds.

I'm not answering your question directly, I know, because the answer is in what I've been saying for years: you can bitch and moan about minutia but the culture needs to change.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just generally speaking, I'd feel "safer" if I didn't have to live in the US.

The assault weapons ban made a difference. You can see how things have changed since its repeal. Open braggadocio gun felating has normalized militarization of the populace. That's just fuckin weird. I just want my chicken sammich from wendys and go see a movie. Now I need a gun to protect myself from my neighbor with infowars blaring in his earbuds.

I'm not answering your question directly, I know, because the answer is in what I've been saying for years: you can bitch and moan about minutia but the culture needs to change.

It is funny how forcing the exact same gun have a goofy looking stock killed sales. Just make the forward sight post look like a tiny dick to remind the user of who they really are every time they go to shoot.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It is funny how forcing the exact same gun have a goofy looking stock killed sales. Just make the forward sight post look like a tiny dick to remind the user of who they really are every time they go to shoot.
You can have whatever gun you want, but it's going to be pink, covered in silicon to muffle sound, and have veins to make it look like a big dildo. Your right to own it won't be infringed, it will just be obvious you're walking around with a big pale ginger dick.

Works for me.

elk don't care

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
A bunch of black guys with AR15s and bulletproof vests need to protest for their rights to conceal pack in front of the NRA HQ.
Gun control laws against AR15s will automatically follow.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
“We were legitimately in the region to protect us against a threat from ISIS that was in fact attacking Americans,” he said. “While in the region protecting against that threat, militias lobbed a bunch of missiles at us. And we shot back. If that isn’t classic Article II self-defense, then I don’t know what is.”
Entire rest of world:

1614906065302.gif

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
America and Israel once again trying to avoid international standards of justice they claim to represent. War criminals need to be held accountable.

Kamala Harris tells Netanyahu that US opposes ICC probe of Israel

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
March 9th in the Biden presidency and we've only needed to create 8 pages, most of it bitching about the previous clusterfuck.

March 9th in the reign of mango and we were up to 39 pages.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
But there's been ~7 pages added to the Trump presidency thread since Jan 20th, so that has to count for something... right?