Quantcast

Biden Presidency 2021 - ?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
March 9th in the Biden presidency and we've only needed to create 8 pages, most of it bitching about the previous clusterfuck.

March 9th in the reign of mango and we were up to 39 pages.
I have seen more of the press secretary in the first hundred days than I have of the president....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Well hey good for you, I on the other hand could never get my calls returned.

You're also comparing 8 years to 2 months yo.
I did try telliing him those faded jeans were not a good look....

and to the latter...no....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So. Hunter is quite the albatross.
this strikes me as such a weird hill to die on. yeah, hunter's an ex- or maybe even current addict, and he bought a gun. You're going to have a real hard time proving he committed a felony by being a user and buying a gun. The trashcan gun disposal is weird, but I'm so happy that I don't have to care about hunter throwing away guns while being involved with the day to day operations of the white house that I remain unconcerned. I guess the right just wants a little drama.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
this strikes me as such a weird hill to die on. yeah, hunter's an ex- or maybe even current addict, and he bought a gun. You're going to have a real hard time proving he committed a felony by being a user and buying a gun. The trashcan gun disposal is weird, but I'm so happy that I don't have to care about hunter throwing away guns while being involved with the day to day operations of the white house that I remain unconcerned. I guess the right just wants a little drama.
I admittedly don't know a lot about Hunter Biden... but that article sure does lead me to believe he's liability. Does not seem like a stand-up guy to me. Sucks that he's the kid of the president, but as you're pointing out here at least he's not helping run the country with dad... so mostly we don't have to give a flying fig about what Hunter Biden does or doesn't do. And I think that I don't know much about Hunter is largely a good thing, and is indicative on some level that Joe Biden has kept his (very probably derelict) son at arm's length and insulated himself from his kid's doings. Anyone could end up raising a fucked up kid, it happens. But you don't have to go down with that ship.

Stark contrast (in my mind) to the last administration.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
The bullshit in this is mindblowing.

TL;DR: Rather than fixing own issues, US to attempt to harm perceived enemy by investing in anti-Chinese propaganda, weapons for some but not others and generally acting like a cunt. Y’all need to fuck off with this shit.

Details of sweeping effort to counter China emerge in U.S. Senate
https://reut.rs/39PX6bZ

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
The bullshit in this is mindblowing.

TL;DR: Rather than fixing own issues, US to attempt to harm perceived enemy by investing in anti-Chinese propaganda, weapons for some but not others and generally acting like a cunt. Y’all need to fuck off with this shit.

Details of sweeping effort to counter China emerge in U.S. Senate
https://reut.rs/39PX6bZ
I believe the US ability to export inflation (and thus, just print money and "create" wealth) relies on its army/influence/delta vs next competitor.
The US gvmt HAS to mantain the status quo, there is just no other way to support the "lifestyle".

The rules haves been set in a way its pretty much a matter of survival now.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
It’d be really nice to take Biden seriously as a change in US hypocrisy but:

Exclusive: Biden will push allies to act on China forced labor at G7 - adviser
https://reut.rs/2RZKUP

Meanwhile:

Forced labour is legal and openly used in a vast, ongoing and systemic way in US prisons and has been for literally decades now.
What the fuck? It’s funny to some very weird people that this hypocrisy is possible, but to a good portion of people round the world this sort of shit undermines any pretence you have of being a force for good, and actually makes you look like the bigger fucker.