Quantcast

Big Bear, July 2-3

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Some friends and I are planning on being up there for the weekend. Any So-Cal :monkey: Going to be up there? Should be fun! :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Damn! I am only like one paycheck away from completing the DH9. I am seriously tempted to take my XC bike up there. I would hate to do DH runs on my XC wheelset though... Radial laced front + DH runs = Dead Wheel. Though I guess I could use the old beater wheels I have tucked away.

I am taking off July 21 - Aug 1st and plan on gettign up there at least 3 times. If anyone is interisted in going, I could use the gas money. I can fit 3 people and 3 bikes in the Honda CRV, but we're tight. Oh yeah, you have to be on the way, or close if we need to pick you up. I am in Pasadena.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Dog Welder said:
Be up Saturday...with a new bike!
Nice! what did you get Paul?

Sounds like a good crew is going to up there on Saturday :thumb: Can't wait!

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Shyrmp said:
I'll be the short brunette female drinking beer in the parking lot, while watching everyone else build up my DH bike :devil: :D :D
Woo hoo! You're finally getting that DH bike, Heather? We'll have to hook up for a ride soon. I'm finally doing a little MTB riding and even raced BMX last week. Won't be long!!! :)

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
dhjill said:
Woo hoo! You're finally getting that DH bike, Heather? We'll have to hook up for a ride soon. I'm finally doing a little MTB riding and even raced BMX last week. Won't be long!!! :)
As of today I'm officially an unemployed bum, so whenever you are ready to ride, I'll have lots of time! :thumb:

DH bike, finally! YAY! :D

Congrats on being able to ride again. :)

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Congrats Heather! To getting a DH bike, not to losing a job ;)

If there are any tools you need me to bring up I'll gladly haul them up to help the cause :)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Zark said:
Congrats Heather! To getting a DH bike, not to losing a job ;)

If there are any tools you need me to bring up I'll gladly haul them up to help the cause :)
if you have a better replacement for my hardwood plank and hammer to pound in the 1.5 headset onto the headtube, I'd welcome that offer.. I'm praying that the steerer tube on the fork will be long enough---factoring in the clearance issues with 1.5 headtubes and drop crowns.. :dead:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Shyrmp said:
As of today I'm officially an unemployed bum, so whenever you are ready to ride, I'll have lots of time! :thumb:

your avatar sucks! :p

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Orven said:
if you have a better replacement for my hardwood plank and hammer to pound in the 1.5 headset onto the headtube, I'd welcome that offer.. I'm praying that the steerer tube on the fork will be long enough---factoring in the clearance issues with 1.5 headtubes and drop crowns.. :dead:

Sorry, no headset press and no 1.5 adapters either. I do have a suggestion, a trip to Home Depot to rig up a headset press might do the trick. Hope the steerer's long enough :confused: I will be available for technical and moral support :thumb: As long as it doesn't interfere with riding :D

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
somebody shld bring a cooler with lots beer (absolutely no Coors or Miller)... I'll front the ice...

post ride tailgate!!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
BMXman said:
I will be there on Sat the 3rd:D
Does that mean you're driving me up? I thought you said you weren't going to BB this weekend. Traffic might really suck, esp. for just a one-day trip...

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Shyrmp said:

I think I'm going ot the BMX track tomorrow night...you and Orven should come on out for a little bar-bangin' fun. :p

I'd love to go to BB this weekend, but me and the BF are going camping up at Lake Morena to do a little fishing and pseudo-DHing down Kernan. :D

BTW...are you still coming up for Women's Weekend?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
MikeD said:
Does that mean you're driving me up? I thought you said you weren't going to BB this weekend. Traffic might really suck, esp. for just a one-day trip...

I have a friend coming from Arizona this weekend and he wants to go to BB to ride...so I'll be driving him up...sorry no room :(

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Probably be there Saturday. :thumb:

I'm bringing my hardtail... killed the boxxer last weekend (oil out the side is bad thing right...) :nopity:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Slugman said:
Probably be there Saturday. :thumb:

I'm bringing my hardtail... killed the boxxer last weekend (oil out the side is bad thing right...) :nopity:

do you want me to bring the parts for you? I'll be on my HT as well:thumb: