Quantcast

[Big Bear NCS] Weather and tires

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Hello all :monkey:

Just wondering (did not see anything about it yet)

How is usually the weather in BB. Do I need any rain gear?

Also for michies user, which tires should I bring (for the new expert course -old sport course?-).
I've never been there so I don't really know anything about it.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Tires are the least of your worries... Beater. Bring the sunscreen, Corona and your patience. Lift lines for Expert practice will be a mile long. I am going to be selling cold beer to the experts in line.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
They are gonna be running Summit this weekend.

I was up there over the weekend and they were setting the course up. Near the bottom they are putting in a HUGE double. Maybe 25 or 30ft with a slight stepdown.

Also, the course might not start at the top They ahd a start gate setup right after where they had the two doubles last year.

As far as tires, I couldn't tell you.
The Conditions were dry and dusty already though.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Acadian
I'm not going there for results, I'm going there to ride and have fun, so I'm not gonna bother stressing on tires...just gonna keep what I have on! :cool:

Can't wait...gonna be a fun time!
:thumb:

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Yup, if you check the TBB sight you will notice that there are no even/odd practice times. THey all go at the same time.

R

Rabie

Some of the corners on Westridge are extremely dry and soft, especially where they have cut new lines (top of the fireroad climb, and after the little rock drop with the uphill landing). Bring tires that don't sink.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Summit...that's the pro course right?

SinatorJ, do you really think the Expert lines will be that long? the past 2 years was not too bad.

:thumb: backatcha D.! :D
Oh... I don't know. I mean I assume that the pro's will hit it since it is HUGE. I'm not really sure if they will just have a go-around for beginner-sport (and even some experts) or if they will just run them on a different trail all together.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
That would piss me off. I race expert and I would want to ride the best run too (assuming the semis and pros will be on the best run).

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
I'm not going there for results, I'm going there to ride and have fun, so I'm not gonna bother stressing on tires...just gonna keep what I have on! :cool:
Can't wait...gonna be a fun time!
Huh.. I just wanna have fun too.. and not finish too slow.. after all a fast run is aprt of the fun (not that I ever get a fast run ;))
Beside I have comp 32 front and rear with big tubes rigth now after a month of riding the uber steep and loose trails of our local DH spot (Bountiful..)..
I think I need something else ;)

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Summit = Pro/Semi-Pro
Westridge = Experts/Junior Experts
Log Chute = Sports/Beginners/Juniors/Older Experts

what do they mean by "older experts"??
Oh man... Poop, I mean Log-chute sucks.
No WAY I'm racing now.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Originally posted by -BB-
I'm not really sure if they will just have a go-around for beginner-sport (and even some experts)
Yeah I hope it's the pro only course.. no 30 foot double for me thank you :D

Acadian: older expert = 50+ for the guys and 40+ for the girls
(actually I know a girl who last year was lying on her age just so that she could race the tougher course.. That's pretty cool)

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
That would piss me off. I race expert and I would want to ride the best run too (assuming the semis and pros will be on the best run).
Do remember that pros are running the Mania course which will be shorter and more like a long, gay 4X course. I don't think that you are going to want to ride that course.

Is westridge the course they used for everyone last year?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Westridge is about a 5-5:30 course. It's practically the same as last year except for a few new cuts/additions..good additions that kinda spice things up. On Sat, I made an error on approach to a section assuming it would be like the way I remembered from last year. Wrong! I biffed it hard and (pending doc's visit tomorrow) I think I dislocated my shoulder..again. Hubbled the rest of the day but it was still fun.

Tires, I'd say 2.5 front and 2.3 rear. I ran 2.3s f/r and couldn't push the front end too hard on corners. The new jumps are better than last year (except for the two short tables). After Sat, now I know how you outta-shape foos feel like...:)

See y'all this weekend!