Quantcast

Big Bear News- Big

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So now I am wondering if people will be as willing to donate their hard work and create new trails at Baldy or would they just rather ride SS. 4 - 6 hours of digging vs. 4 - 6 hours of riding SS?

Any opinions you guys?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Big bear won't invest any effort into the trails, thats a given. The crap up there is fun for half a day tops, then I'd be looking for the "other" trails.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Ciaran said:
So now I am wondering if people will be as willing to donate their hard work and create new trails at Baldy or would they just rather ride SS. 4 - 6 hours of digging vs. 4 - 6 hours of riding SS?

Any opinions you guys?
I like digging; its half the fun of mtb.:drool:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Micro-Sanjay said:
Yes, I agree. It's official.
???

Sorry man, I didn't grok that last communication...

You agree with what? And what's official? SS? Press release? website? C'mon... don't bogart the 411. :p

Sep 10, 2001
Hell, I'd rather go dig at Baldy... SS seems to have the attitude that they are doing us a favor. If they open I might go there once... Ride the same 4 trails I have been riding for years and be over it....

Brian

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
Yar, I will definitely choose a fresh dig like Baldy too but I hold Big Bear close to my heart because that's where I met and schooled Sanjay -when he was still slower.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Ciaran said:

Any opinions you guys?
With the promise of new trails that people themselves worked on, i would say the appeal of baldy is still very high. I mean, you get like 10 people working on the same trail for like 4-6 hours, and you can have close to a mile or two of completed trails!

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
lovebunny said:
i dunno i called him out and he said you did it.
I did not talk to you man. Did I?
I'm at Starbucks right now borrowing a friend's wireless net access which is costed me a cup of coffe.
I also heard that one of the owners/big wig at Snow Summit has left for Colorado. He's the anti-dh guy so I think it's promising that we will have the SoCal's premier dh spot back by this summer.

I seriously canut wait to pass slower riders on Westridge. rapt rapt!
When is Baldy going to open anyways? That's in LA right?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
As far as Baldy goes, we're looking at the first weekend in March for the first dig day. After that it all depends on how many people are willing to dig and how often. The faster we get trails created, the sooner it opens.

And don't forget to wave as you go riding past me.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
ncrider said:
I'm going to conter sue you for playing with my emotions if Snow Summit doesn't open.
I hear ya man. I'd be pissed too.
However, say if I sued like Big Bear, I draw the boundaries of the liability. I mean, I'm not suing the bad guys with individual representation. I will be sueding on behalf of my mtbiking homies including but not limited to downhillers (downhllers are the cheapest of the bunch anyways). I may not share the $4m settingment when I win my landslide case, but I share the sentiments among the mountainbiking community. I am pashernate about biking.

How old is lovebunny? He seems really idiotic.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
SBDownhillRacer said:
if you sue big bear then they will just lose more money and make it harder to pay off the legal costs that they probably already have piled up from the hd accidents.
idiot......

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
merrrrjig said:
Lovebunny is 13, lives in canada, and rides a kona, he mainly posts on pinkbike, but every once in a while he posts here which sucks!
That is sooooo not true. He lives in San Diego. Everythig else, well.... :think:

:p

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Its about 40 mi. (as a crow flies) East of downtown LA. So its more. (Im pretty sure) there is quite a bit of mountain driving, so that could add a lot more. Hopefully that gives you an idea.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Nagaredama said:
Um, unless you've been to Baldy you shouldn't comment on the drive. I would hardly call it mountain road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=los+angeles,+ca&daddr=6700+Mt+Baldy+Road+CA+91759&t=k
Sorry, but thats why I said (i'm pretty sure). It looks like there would be a good amount of mountain driving from above.

mtnbikemike said:
Did a road ride up there this morning, about a 12 mile climb, and that's it.
I didn't know the parking lot was that low on the mountain. So, the lifts must get you pretty high, huh?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
mtnbrider said:
I didn't know the parking lot was that low on the mountain. So, the lifts must get you pretty high, huh?
Well, the base of the lifts are at 6,000 feet, and I think it's another 3k to the top. It's a very steep road up to the lifts.