Quantcast

Big Bear results?

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
My god... two American riders in the top two spots in the downhill. You don't see that often.

Anyone know how Minnaar did?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by rockracing
but the qualifying should say something about the bike...
or someting about the fact that Greg is the reigning World Champion and one of the most talented riders ever to race an NCS downhill...!! :D

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by Acadian
I saw Greg bike by with his Honda..most noticeably was the NOISE coming out of that bike - or should I say noises.
I wish I was there to see it. That bike looks very VERY sweet. That being said, it was the subject of one of the funniest comments I heard in my hundred weekend update phone calls. Someone (who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent from the Yakuza) called me to give an update and the bike went by. The comment was "sounds like someone dropped a can of washers into the downtube!" I though that was funny, but maybe its beacuse of my vivid imagination picturing what that would sound like. hah. Noises or not though, seemed to work pretty good!

Congrats to Bryn Atkinson too, he ripped it this weekend!

dw

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
Originally posted by Acadian
I saw Greg bike by with his Honda..most noticeably was the NOISE coming out of that bike - or should I say noises.
hmmm.....interesting, I think I know what you're talking about....did it souns something like this ?

"bbrrrraaaaaappppp......bbrraaappp !!"

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
hmmm.....interesting, I think I know what you're talking about....did it souns something like this ?

"bbrrrraaaaaappppp......bbrraaappp !!"
I'm not kidding.....his bike was making all kinda of noises.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
hell, thats waht people were saying when the japanese team riders were at the Mt Ste Anne (or was it Bromont ?? anyways) World Cup last year......strange ?
It was at Sainte-Anne...it was very noisy indeed!:p

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
WOW, that event looks custom made for Rennie, Kovarik and Dustin Adams....big guys carrying all sorts of mass down the hill. But if the comments I've read so far are any indicator, the way it was setup was "holeshot wins it".

What were the times..how long was the course?

Also, how many racers did they allow to qualify for the final?

SpeedJunkie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2002
del sur CAL
Fastest qualifyin time was 2:21 Peat was a second slower.
For some reason (TBB=no common sense) they qualified 64 pros and semi pros. Which means we had the possibility of doing 6 full on race runs almost in a row.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Originally posted by SpeedJunkie
Fastest qualifyin time was 2:21 Peat was a second slower.
For some reason (TBB=no common sense) they qualified 64 pros and semi pros. Which means we had the possibility of doing 6 full on race runs almost in a row.
How did you do?

SpeedJunkie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2002
del sur CAL
qualified 24th won my first round, in the second round I got caught up in two riders who wrecked in the first corner. It was fun though. How did Beavers do, I kept hearing the announcer saying he advanced as I was packing up to leave.

blong

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
San Diego
Originally posted by SpeedJunkie
qualified 24th won my first round, in the second round I got caught up in two riders who wrecked in the first corner. It was fun though. How did Beavers do, I kept hearing the announcer saying he advanced as I was packing up to leave.
3rd i think