Quantcast

Big Bear this w/e?

R

Rabie

BMXman said:
I think I'll be there...I have 2 Dh bikes to test out;)....D
If someone hooks me up with a headset, I might have a dh bike to test out myself. What's the haps?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I think I have an old Raceface realseal headset you could have, sans seals...(no big deal in the dust).

I'm not driving up to BB again, though, and I can only stay for Sat., so if BMXman wants to bring me along (and he may not, what with his plethora of big bikes and his tiny car), I can come.

Otherwise, I'm up for something more local...say, San Juan or something?

MD

R

Rabie

MikeD said:
I think I have an old Raceface realseal headset you could have, sans seals...(no big deal in the dust).

I'm not driving up to BB again, though, and I can only stay for Sat., so if BMXman wants to bring me along (and he may not, what with his plethora of big bikes and his tiny car), I can come.

Otherwise, I'm up for something more local...say, San Juan or something?

MD
Yeah, maybe. I need a 1.5 headset, though --assuming they actually made the frame with the 1.5 this time. I bought Donnie's, but since I haven't been around since July, I haven't had a chance to get it from him. Assuming I can ride after I get my pins out on Friday, I am definitely up for something this weekend (my legs and lungs are saying chairlift), so I'll let you know.

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
I'm waiting to makeanothertrip toBBuntil mybuddy gets hisnewBigHit(nextweek ortwo)

MikeD: whereyou at? I up foraride more local. I'm in lagunaHillsrightnearaliso.

Holycrapthekeyboardsatmyschool suck(oratleastthespacebardoes)

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, It's all about Mammoth. There you can really huck you're bike. Watch, Turner bikes and clips will dominate the Red Bull Rampage this year. Nah, but If I wasn't going to Mammoth I'd forsure be at Bear....Maybe on the way down :think:

-ALF

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Hey Rabie...I may ride with Mike so I can bring the headset to you...sorry bro but I have been to busy to mail the headset out to you...D

R

Rabie

BMXman said:
Hey Rabie...I may ride with Mike so I can bring the headset to you...sorry bro but I have been to busy to mail the headset out to you...D
No problem. Just hang onto it, and I'll be in touch with someone tomorrow about the weekend.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ZJChaser said:
I'm waiting to makeanothertrip toBBuntil mybuddy gets hisnewBigHit(nextweek ortwo)

MikeD: whereyou at? I up foraride more local. I'm in lagunaHillsrightnearaliso.

Holycrapthekeyboardsatmyschool suck(oratleastthespacebardoes)
Hey, man, I live in San Diego. We might make it up to OC this weekend; I'll let you know. Possibly San Juan, or maybe Aliso if I'm feeling froggy.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I might do the Fall Classic race... Toss up b/t that and the Southridge race. Southridge will be cheaper and I'll get to do practice day + race day. On the other hand I go to BB, spend lots of money, only get to practice in the morning of race day, but I get to ride my favorite trail (westridge). Plus if I do the BB race, I'm gonna be all the way down to the wire getting the settings right on the fork.

Whadda thunk?

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
downhillzeypher said:
I might do the Fall Classic race... Whadda thunk?
I say race Fall Classic :thumb:

Give Orven your beer tickets (cause you're too young) :D

He in turn will give them to me (cause he has a low alcohol tolerance) :dead:

Plan?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
yappity yap! see u this weekend bright and early tim.. half hour earlier than usual like 11:30AM...

freeride is a whole different sport!

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
TYM said:
I say race Fall Classic :thumb:

Give Orven your beer tickets (cause you're too young) :D

He in turn will give them to me (cause he has a low alcohol tolerance) :dead:

Plan?
Alrighty then... I've decided to hit the fall classic. Be prepared if you see me cause I'm prolly gonna bug you about the lil knobs on my fork! :rollyeyes:

On another note... this dude on mtbr is like "yeah I train, blah blah blah" I'm like wtf? You're training for a beginner race?! Shat, if beginner is full of dudes like him I'm gonna be in for a long day.

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
and me and my buddy will be there with ya.thr group of first time racers..haha. just out there for fun and the experience. a first race experience before the fontana series starts.