Quantcast

Big Bike Class - Kenda Dark Mtn Super D Series

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Question...

I rode the Dark Mountain DH course last year around this time. A few of us just took the day to head up from Charlotte to check it out. The push up from the bottom was not a big deal, even given the sub 2:00 back down. I was just wondering if I came back up, is the SuperD course clearly marked? Is the starting point at a different place from the "Downhill" course?

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Butch, we might want to bring it...if the weather holds the course should be in excellent shape with a lot a bit.

I plan on being out there around 8am on Saturday to start marking on the course. By 10am it should be completely marked off.

Also the SD start is about 1/8 to 1/4 mile past the DH start.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
When I grow up I want to be just like Butch...he's so smart:nerd:

We have received quite a bit of rain today but tomorrow & Saturday looking promising for it to dry. The rain isn't a real big deal because the trails drain pretty good however the freeze forecasted for Saturday night may present an issue...but not one we can't solve. There's only a couple of areas that the freeze&thaw effects, about the last 50 feet before you pop out of the woods and the ramp on the table. If it looks bad then Sunday morning we'll put some free dirt on the ramp and use the ditch witch to scrap the slim off the 50 feet section...these two fixes should do the trick. That said I won't worry about the semi-slicks.:monkeydance:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
well, since this is a merger of xc/dh, i think i may have to find a unitard to wear. butch, will you shave my back before the race, i'd hate to lose b/c of the lack of aero caused by my back manliness. :D