Quantcast

Big changes ahead...got the job!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I got an official job offer with the Border Patrol today for the Tucson station! I've been in the hiring process since December and finally got the word this afternoon around 5pm. I was worried that they'd offer me one of the more remote stations and I'd have to commute over an hour each way in order for my family to live closer to civilization but the Tucson station is darn near perfect! Lots of good riding (albeit a less hearty but growing DH scene than what i'm used to here), some good gymnastics joints for my kids to continue their competition, and some fun looking bmx tracks. I guess i can sell my DH mud tires now ;)

The only bummer is that I report for duty on 9/5/11 which doesn't leave much time to finish prepping the house for my wife to sell while i'm gone. we will also be trying to sell the house in the fall and i have a gazillion trees in my yard that dump leaves daily from late september through mid december! there is, however, a huge Caterpillar plant a mile from my house that will be done and hiring soon so that may help the sale go faster.

So anyway...it looks like i'll officially be going from blue to green and getting A LOT more use out of my espanol skillz ;)

I'll also probably be off the grid for a few months during the academy but i am having my hardtail shipped to me so i have something to play around on after classes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is it me, or does that bed look bent?
Not yet, but I was definitely thinking it. On a side note, given that the Border Patrol is clearing buying more than a few of those trucks, that might explain the Raptor's existence. It might have been made within a notable context of govt orders pending.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
My uncle used to always carry a 44mag, he kept hollowpoints loaded in it with a little something extra in the tip.... He would take a 22 short, and pull the projectile out and turn the casing and charge around into the hollow point.

Anytime the jumpers would start to get out of hand he would fire one off at a close by boulder and blow a big ass hole into it..... say something along the lines of your next and they would calm right down.

Ahhh the good old days of law enforcement.

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
My unlce used to always carry a 44mag, he kept hollowpoints loaded in it with a little something extra in the tip.... He would take a 22 short, and pull the projectile out and turn the casing and charge around into the hollow point.

Anytime the jumpers would start to get out of hand he would fire one off at a close by boulder and blow a big ass hole into it..... say something along the lines of your next and they would calm right down.

Ahhh the good old days of law enforcement.
LOL...those are definitely the good old days of law enforcement. you'd get fired before you got back to the station if you did something like that these days ;)