Quantcast

Big Creek...Georgia riders, need some info...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm heading down to Orlando from NC for a cannonball run to pick up some furniture from my dad. i was contemplating a stop at big creek on my way down tomorrow (last minute thought, haven't been there before). is it open? is it a shuttle-able run? will i be able to get in/out and experience a good chunk of it within about 2 hours?

if any of you red clay GA boys get this tonight pm me with some info and a phone number i can call you at and i'll call you on the way tomorrow if i need any more info.

my plan is to hit big creek on the way down (even though it adds about 2 hours to my trip) and then hit santos in ocala on the way back on monday. ...so any santos locals that will be around in the early afternoon on monday give me a shout and we'll hook up.

-brandon

LambMan

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
ATL
Big Creek is always open as long as its not muddy which it may be tomorrow. If you google RAMBO SORBA it will pull up a link to the Roswell SORBA site and it says if Big Creek is open or not. You can easily ride everything there in about 45 minutes and there isn't any shuttling. Two hours is a good amount of time to ride everything a couple of times. If you need directions to the freeride area give me a call and I'll direct you to it. I'm sending my number in a PM.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
thanks for the info guys. looks like a washout for GA tomorrow. i'm still going to try and hit santos on the way back on monday. thanks again for the quick response...i'll make it to BC one of these days!