Quantcast

big dilemna, x-post from lounge

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
that really sucks man. if i were you, hearing about how well your job is going here, i'd stay and just make regular visits to your mom if she moves down to georgia like every week if your up to the drive.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Sorry to hear about your mom.

That said, as much as we'd be stoked to have somebody else to ride with, sounds like you've got a good thing going up there and can visit your mother frequently so makes sense to stay put.

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
JeffD said:
Sorry to hear about your mom.

That said, as much as we'd be stoked to have somebody else to ride with, sounds like you've got a good thing going up there and can visit your mother frequently so makes sense to stay put.
i agree

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Have you looked into other law enforcement? I have a neighbor who is an air marshal and he said they are hiring like crazy right now. He said he does very few overnighters. ATL ain't too far from Gainesville. I know of folks who commute from Alabama and Tenn. to the airport on a daily basis.

madbob

Monkey
May 31, 2004
fayettenam/camp mckall
As long as it's possible to get down and visit on a regular basis, I'd stay put. just try and save up some vacation time, in case you need/want to spend a few extra days down there with her.

I met manimals mom the other day to drop off some parts for Noha's bike. she seems like a really cool person. lot's of love in that family.

a little off topic, but how is the kids bike coming along?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
madbob said:
As long as it's possible to get down and visit on a regular basis, I'd stay put. just try and save up some vacation time, in case you need/want to spend a few extra days down there with her.

I met manimals mom the other day to drop off some parts for Noha's bike. she seems like a really cool person. lot's of love in that family.

a little off topic, but how is the kids bike coming along?

dude...thanks sooo much for the parts! i meant to PM you about it but have been so busy with all of this crap. i'm going to the bike shop when my wife gets home this afternoon to finish putting it together. i'll be sure to post pics! those "modified" cranks are the shiznit! they'll be perfect for his little legs :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
bigdrop05 said:
oh, good luck for anyone trying to get a job as an AM(Air Marshall)..You better have been a Navy Seal or something.They are picky on hiring.
no thanks...i applied when i got out of the corps, was accepted to their training program and then opted out after speaking with a few of them. good money/doesn't mix well with family.

and in light of the uncertainty of what REALLY happened on 9/11 i'm a little skeptical to put my hands in the keeping of the good 'ole gub'ment again :think: at least on the local law enforcement level i can filter through the BS on my own.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
update...i think we've officially decided to stay put. my brother has been the driving force trying to get us to move, yet.....he has NEVER visited us up here. we always have to make the drive (even though he's the doctor with a huge house and lots of money). i think my mom may just stay here near us for a while but if not, we'll be happy to make the drive more often. i like it here too much.