Quantcast

Big Hangar

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Going through some old personal stuff. Check this out.
Largest wooden structure in the world!

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Is that Tustin or El Toro? I dont know if they are that large, but the hangars there are huge also.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
tisk, tisk, tisk

i can NOT believe utz twos didn't/don't see it for the true potential that it should have...

the worlds LARGEST indoor mtn bike park, think of the elevated stunts that would fit under THAT roof.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

padrik5

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Silverdale, Wa
ridetoofast said:
tisk, tisk, tisk

i can NOT believe utz twos didn't/don't see it for the true potential that it should have...

the worlds LARGEST indoor mtn bike park, think of the elevated stunts that would fit under THAT roof.

:drool: :drool: :drool:
took the words right out of my mouth

could you imagine the noise from an indoor drag strip
it's hard on the ears out side

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
It's actually in Tillamook Oregon. And this pic must be pretty old. Was just there last fall. Inside this thing is a huge air museum. There were alot more planes in there back in November. The hangar itself used to be a blimp hangar in WWII. There was another on right behind it but is torn down. About half the indside is taken up by the museum and the other half looks like RV Storage.

This place is sort of one those "must stop and check it out" places when driving up or down Hwy 101 on the Oregon Coast.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Thats 5 0r 6 shots stitched togther...

Taken in Jan 2006.
Definitely a must see.

All kinds of interesting knicknacks in there

sessions

Monkey
Nov 9, 2005
Vancouver WA
I’ve past that place so many times but I just haven’t gotten the urge to stop but now it looks like next time I’m around there I guess I might have to stop by and check it out.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
BAH said:
Taken in Jan 2006.

Hmm....they must have moved some stuff out. When we were there in Nov it was the day before Veteran's Day and they were gearing up for some big deal. And they say they are swapping stuff with other museums all the time.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
That looks like the one in Tillamook....
Didn't someone fly thru that once?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i was stationed a MCAS Tusting for a while, actually until the base closed in '99. We used to have group/battallion runs through the hangars; there's nothing like a few hundred marines shouting cadence and running through those monstrous hangars.

they were originally used to store up to 6 observation blimps during WWII.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Ah it's noce to see Tustin get some cred. on the internet. I grew up about 8 miles from those hangar, and I think they are the world's largest and not the ones in Wasington, or Oregon or wherever the other ones are.