Quantcast

Big huck at Squaw's Chimney!

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
I know it's not bike related, but I thought some of you might want to see it. We're having some record snow fall amounts up here at Squaw. The Palisades are filled in, almost, like never before. Check out the vid of this huge huck off of Bower's Tower (skiers left of Chimney area), from yesterday. The skier is a local kid named Gunnar, he sent it about 90' or more. This is the still pic as well:

The vid:
http://media.putfile.com/Gunnar-jumps-Bowers-Tower

Attachments

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That's huge!

At Squaw, last year,my friend and I were on the chair lift and we saw such a damn funny thing. One snowboarder was going down a flat (across) and steep chute. He caused a little avalanche, about 1' high maybe. It caught up to him and he fell over. It was so funny. I can't remeber where it was.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
mtnbrider said:
At Squaw, last year,my friend and I were on the chair lift and we saw such a damn funny thing. One snowboarder was going down a flat (across) and steep chute. He caused a little avalanche, about 1' high maybe. It caught up to him and he fell over. It was so funny. I can't remeber where it was.
i fail to see the humor in that. :think:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
mtnbrider said:
That's huge!

Cause I'm sure you and your massive skills coulda done better....ever tried to stay up in a Sluff slide, it's not easy.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
mtnbrider said:
That's huge!

Like, oh my god, that's like totally funny! LOL! :clue:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
He sent it off becks two weeks ago even bigger. That one was 100+

Plus there's a photo of him skiing off the top of the resort at squaw creek. Funny shiz

Tell krenecki to give up his mtb career. He's a snowboard superstar now. I saw the results from kirkwood.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
kidwoo said:
He sent it off becks two weeks ago even bigger. That one was 100+

Plus there's a photo of him skiing off the top of the resort at squaw creek. Funny shiz

Tell krenecki to give up his mtb career. He's a snowboard superstar now. I saw the results from kirkwood.
Do you have the results link?

How about the RSC death star drop link?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Zutroy said:
Cause I'm sure you and your massive skills coulda done better....ever tried to stay up in a Sluff slide, it's not easy.
I wasn't thinking I was better at all, the whole scene was just funny. I guess you would have had to been there at the time to see the humor.

He was probably laughing about it then or at least later.