Quantcast

Big Hucky Crash Sequence

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
That second pic is a great shot. You can see his hand and the broken bar. Glad he's OK. Now tell him to go hit it again! This time with stronger bars.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yikes, I hate breaking parts. I mean it's one thing if you jack yourself from screwing up but another if something fails on you. Sweet pics though, damn you really caught the moment there...

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
dats how you doit though man WCH is a crazy ass mofo that guy hits it all and makes it look easy bro you have madd style bet your titti is going to sting for a bit.. good thing the fires by us killed half the trails cause your going to need a break so lets just get to rebuilding eh... hit me up bro for some dj or building this weekend local stylez. and get a implant doctor to look at that tittie

ouch feel better bro

an6

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Your buddy WCH looks like he's a big boy. It takes a lot of force and weight to flex a Monster T like that.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Kanter said:
Your buddy WCH looks like he's a big boy. It takes a lot of force and weight to flex a Monster T like that.
here is a different angle of the same gap. You think your frame or fork would flex if you bottom bracket cased it? :D

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
What kind of bars were they...for future refrence. Not like Im going to do anything like that soon. Tell me, how many years has that fella who crashed been riding? Wheres the dividing line between exp. and big balls? What the hell, thats a wicked rider in any case. No pun intended on 'any case'.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Ouch, looks like he may have cased the landing too, which would explain why the front fork is so bent and you cannot see the rear wheel. I bet you could superglue that gash back together :D

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Was this at the Zion Freeride Fest? What did you think of it. I went and watched a little but my friends who were riding it were pissed that they payed money for that.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
yo dont judge the skillz on wch at all this man will take most out and skool them on ****. i have personally seen wch hit some huge **** and man he got madd skillz no doubt. lets put it this way most people on these boards wouldnt consider hitting that step down let alone actually doing it. so never judge

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
AN6 Freerider said:
yo dont judge the skillz on wch at all this man will take most out and skool them on ****. i have personally seen wch hit some huge **** and man he got madd skillz no doubt. lets put it this way most people on these boards wouldnt consider hitting that step down let alone actually doing it. so never judge

fo' realz

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
WCH lives up to his "handle/name" !!

Cool ass s*** bro..
You get a 15 outa 10 on that one...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
hey i just noticed that monster is looking a little flexy, you might want to step up to a supah monstah

:nuts:

cool huck, next time pedal faster and pull harder, and of course post the pics!

my motto is its ALWAYS better to go long then to come up short

this bar was over 5 years old, lets see yours do that. a standard un-braced bar would have been toast years ago. besides, if you used your brain for a second, you'd realize that it really can't break anywhere else because of the brace. say it with me now, it's called a "leverage point." it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the obvious....

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
WestCoastHucker said:
you mean like this....
Ahahaha, classic!

But dude, five years on the same aluminum bar for that kind of riding? :eek:

I wonder if a fresh bar would have snapped? That's a huge impact but no way to know I guess.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
bfranke said:
Is that from the Zion Freeride Festival? If so, how was the turn out? Their web page is down.

The turnout was not great. They had a permit for 300 people I think and they didn't have enough people show up to start turning people away. The riders seemed to do nothing but complain about the lack of organization.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
WestCoastHucker said:
this bar was over 5 years old, lets see yours do that. a standard un-braced bar would have been toast years ago. besides, if you used your brain for a second, you'd realize that it really can't break anywhere else because of the brace. say it with me now, it's called a "leverage point." it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the obvious....

and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what i was saying either, someone else picked up on, you didnt :thumb:

i realize the bracing adds alot of strenght, but like you said, ts a leverage point. stress across a smaller area versus a larger area and yah, its gonna bust. And obviously the fatigue in that one braced point of the bar over years is gonna make a big deal. I would still prefer bending something all to hell instead of snapping clean in two.

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
theres no way in hell I would use a 5 year old bar for that gap, **** my bar would be brand new, Ive never tried a step down on that type of terrain, only on ladders, looks sick though

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
I TAKE MY TOP KNOT OFF TO YA MAN
that was sweet. You handled it great as seen in that second pic...a beauty pic at that...screensaver 4 sure.
I got nothing after viewing your montauge.

9/10 for style
12/10 for surviving.

funny shi*>>>pricepoint armour...crack me up as much as the duck tape

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
WCH if I may make two simple suggestions.

1. Flak Jacket!

2. New Bars EVERY SEASON!

Props for the grande sackage, but keep it clean with protection and fresh gear so next time the sequence will end with a stomped landing.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
aluminum tends to fail like that. nothing you can do about it except replace everything neurotically. it develops tiny invisible stress fractures and just goes one day. steel will bend before it breaks though.