Quantcast

Big loss in the skiing community...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Holy crap......I don't follow skiing/snowboarding at all but remember her. Super cute chicks into extreme sports stick out to me. Terrible news. :(

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
No health insurance either. Who'd think you'd need it when travelling to a third world country to do dangerous athletic activities?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
No health insurance either. Who'd think you'd need it when travelling to a third world country to do dangerous athletic activities?
There was a blurb on the CBC this am about the fact that she's insured for many event through the Canadian Ski Association, but that the event she was practicing for wasn't sanctioned, hence her insurance didn't apply.

Dick move by the Association, Dumb move by her not to be 100% sure she was insured for ALL sporting injury anywhere, and will be an Dick move by Monster if they don't kick in should the CSA coverage not work out.

Awful.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
There was a blurb on the CBC this am about the fact that she's insured for many event through the Canadian Ski Association, but that the event she was practicing for wasn't sanctioned, hence her insurance didn't apply.

Dick move by the Association, Dumb move by her not to be 100% sure she was insured for ALL sporting injury anywhere, and will be an Dick move by Monster if they don't kick in should the CSA coverage not work out.

Awful.
The association? I have a hard time blaming them here. I'm sure they would have made her very aware that the coverage only applies in case of a sanctioned event. Hell, to play in a beer hockey league here, you need to join US hockey, and they make very clear that anything they do is not covered if you aren't playing in a sanctioned league or event.

Monster comes across looking like a dick here, sure. From a legal standpoint, unless there's an email telling Burke not to worry about it, it's been taken care of, they are fine, I'm sure. Then again, you expect a company that markets toxic sugar filled stimulants to kids to be moral? Morality is bad for shareholders, and the flatbiller demo Monster goes after isn't going to give two fvcks anyways.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

Awful.
its very to sad to see such a young face going.....

that being said, am amazed at the amount of people willing to do backflips or take ridiculous lines without health insurance..... many guys in their late 20s, early 30s in my hood, riding multi-thousand dollar bikes jumping 10ft drops, or down exposed goatpaths without insurance boggle my mind....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
The association? I have a hard time blaming them here. I'm sure they would have made her very aware that the coverage only applies in case of a sanctioned event. Hell, to play in a beer hockey league here, you need to join US hockey, and they make very clear that anything they do is not covered if you aren't playing in a sanctioned league or event.

Monster comes across looking like a dick here, sure. From a legal standpoint, unless there's an email telling Burke not to worry about it, it's been taken care of, they are fine, I'm sure. Then again, you expect a company that markets toxic sugar filled stimulants to kids to be moral? Morality is bad for shareholders, and the flatbiller demo Monster goes after isn't going to give two fvcks anyways.
Well, I just heard the CSA guy on the radio this morning and he sounded smarmy. I guess they aren't in the insurance business so it isn't their call. It's just that apparently the insurance they provide cover their athletes for the X-Games and the Dew Tour. It would seem that it might be easy for an athlete to assume they're covered for such a similar event.

I have every faith that Monster will come through. We shall see...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Insurance really doesn't mean anything once you're dead. A Hospital will treat you the same in the US when it comes to emergency care. (unlike Canada)
Once you're dead, you can't inherit debt, so the bill is a moot point.

Jun 1, 2011
Denver