Quantcast

Big Mountain Resort in WHitefish-finally

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ok, Whitefish Mountain Resort. :) Check out their newer video called Runaway Train. The NEW DH trail is great. We finished it Sun. Big Mountain is finally coming around. Please let people know about this trail. We are really pushing Big Mountain to let us build more. The trail is SUPER dry right now, but will be real nice after a few good rains. It is Whistler quality IMO.

AGAIN.... Please let people know about this trail.

http://www.skiwhitefish.com/videos.php

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ya, I do the rock roller and then almost hit the grouse. I yell out like a little girl. ;)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
UPDATE
From what I have been told, the Grand Opening for the trail wont be for a couple weeks. They want to do some finishing touches and we need some rain. If you are planning a trip to ride the trail, call first. We will be up there this weekend working.

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
Rain in August??? Can't wait to see the the trail, just not this summer. I find it strange that the BIG Mountain has only one trail? regardless I bet once you get two or three in and some variations the place will rock.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Today was the last day of the season up at Big Mountain. There were riders from all over. I talked to riders from Golden BC all the way to Bozeman. Everyone was stoked on the new trail and cant wait to see what Big Mountain has in store for next year.

Thanks to all those that made it up this year.

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
MY bro went for a ride there, he said the trail gets clogged with tourons and gapers so you can't really fly down it, Oh well, I still find it hard to believe that place is a one trail mountain.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
MY bro went for a ride there, he said the trail gets clogged with tourons and gapers so you can't really fly down it, Oh well, I still find it hard to believe that place is a one trail mountain.
There is only one DH trail all the way from the top and about 3-4 short FR trails about 1/2 way down. Im not sure what you are talking about with the trails being clogged up though. Hikers are not allowed on the bike trails.

Last edited:

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
There is only one DH trail all the way from the top and about 3-4 short FR trails about 1/2 way down. Im not sure what you are talking about with the trails being clogged up though. Hikers are not allowed on the bike trails.
Clogged up with every biker on the mountain riding the same trail, on everything but DH bikes. Might not be the case, but I think it would suck to come up hard and try and get around gapers all the time.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Clogged up with every biker on the mountain riding the same trail, on everything but DH bikes. Might not be the case, but I think it would suck to come up hard and try and get around gapers all the time.
Hmm, I never had that problem and I pinned it every run from the top to the bottom. I rode the mountain about 5-6 times and did about 8-10 runs a day. I could see this being a problem in the future but not yet. The trail is 4 miles long top to bottom. It is a black dimond and I only saw DH bikes every day I went. The trail is also wide enough to pass. Next year you will have to come up and see for yourself.

I went closing day, which was the busiest day of the year and there was no problems. There was a band, beer, and bikes. It was a blast.

Last edited:

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
Cool, I have a feeling my bro went up on his xc bike the first weekend it opened and witnessed opening day Zoo. I hope I can make it up there next summer and get on a big bike, I also would have to hit the Mnt Marston trail. a couple others I know in the area.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
They gave out almost 100 free tickets for opening weekend.

Let me know when you are in the area and I can show you some awesome trails. We have some awesome shuttles and hike a bikes around here.

Big Mountain is planning a couple more trails in the spring. It should be sweet mid summer.