Quantcast

Big Mountain Road Trips 2010 - post yours and make some frenimies

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
OK gang, who is going where and when? I've got a bucket list I'm working on for the summer and I'm a social butterfly, so let's do this. Post up a location and a date that works and we can figure out the shuttle/carpool/hotel situations.

-Idyllwild
-Santa Barbara
-Pinos
-SLO
-Downieville
-Tahoe/Northstar
-Mammoth
-Moab
-Arizona ???
-Whistler - currently working on a combo trip for a week of Whistler/SilverStar/Kamloops/Shore and working it around Krankworx dates. I've got buds in Seattle that are rolling, so we can get good rates on condos and gas money.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
OK gang, who is going where and when? I've got a bucket list I'm working on for the summer and I'm a social butterfly, so let's do this. Post up a location and a date that works and we can figure out the shuttle/carpool/hotel situations.

-Idyllwild
-Santa Barbara
-Pinos
-SLO
-Downieville
-Tahoe/Northstar
-Mammoth
-Moab
-Arizona ???
-Whistler - currently working on a combo trip for a week of Whistler/SilverStar/Kamloops/Shore and working it around Krankworx dates. I've got buds in Seattle that are rolling, so we can get good rates on condos and gas money.
I have a season's pass to Northstar so i plan on going as often as possible, i believe Blender bought a pass, as well.

I know we talked about your Whistler/BC trip, how long are you planning on being there and how are you getting up there?

as for your other trips, my plan is to ride somewhere every weekend and i have a shuttle truck.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The rough Whistler plan is as follows:
Day 1 - Fly to Seattle at night and meet up with my buds
Day 2 - Drive to Silver Star and ride
Day 3 - SilverStar
Day 4 - Silverstar
Day 5 - Kamloops
Day 6 - Whistler
Day 7 - Whistler
Day 8 - Shore and drive home
Day 9 - Fly home

There is some room for movement. The plan is to get into some Krankworkx fun, so we are going to try to make that overlap work.

We are hitting a Reseda run Sunday. Possible SJT next weekend?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Idyll this Saturday, perhaps?

I'm thinking about an end of season trip to Whistler in September sometime.

I'll be @ N* the weekend of Aug 20-22nd for sure. I'm sure we'll have plenty of Tahoe & Mammoth trips.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Idyll this Saturday, perhaps?

I'm thinking about an end of season trip to Whistler in September sometime.

I'll be @ N* the weekend of Aug 20-22nd for sure. I'm sure we'll have plenty of Tahoe & Mammoth trips.
I cannot make the Sat Idyll...grr. Wifey has a marathon. All-day-er there.

We might be in N* 3rd week of July.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Wild hair up my ass may mean opening weekend WHISTLER for me. I know it costs tons and it is lower mountain only, but why wait. Memorial Day trips anyone?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Adam.
i picked up a season pass to N* as well, so I'll be up there as much as I can this summer.
Mammoth later in the season, when all the trails are opened up. Probably late July/early August.
One trail that is on my list this summer is Lower Rock Creek in Mammoth. I've never ridden it and heard great things. I'll finally have a bike for it too.

I plan on riding lots of Baldy, Big Bear and Idyllwild in-between those trips.
Also, now that I'm about to have a trail bike, I'll be getting my aggressive XC on!

Whistler isn't in the cards this year unfortunately, as I have other trips planned. I am, however, considering going to Rampage.

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Baldy is wack. It's not loose or steep enough.:rolleyes:
It's the west-coast. It's all fast and wide open and easy trails. Nothing loose, or steep, or rocky. All that "slow, technical" stuff is on the east coast. Better head out there.

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
Anyone hitting up BB to run the "sketchy" trails? I have a bike that might pass regulations.

Post up your trips, if you need another body to split costs, I'll probably be down. Haven't ridden with you SoCal monkies in a while...:doh:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Looks like plans for 4th of July weekend in Northstar are here. I'm in a crew rolling up on Friday, getting there late, then riding Sat and Sun, and driving back Sunday night. We have cars loaded and are going up in two shifts. It is my b-day, so come and party!

Also, Whistler/Silverstar is solid. I'm arriving at Silver Star Wednesday 8/11/10 and will try to get in the extended play time, then riding there Thurs and Fri, and then off to Whistler. Will be at Whistler until Wed the 18th, then driving back in the morning and stopping at THE SHORE!!!

BTW - Tahoe Trip has us staying at the Tahoe Inn in Kings Beach.