Quantcast

big question

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
ok austin riders what do you look for in a shop. i know prices matter mostly. but, what do yall look for. what keeps you coming back to you favourite shop.

what brands would you like to see come to the area.

and what would you like to see in the ways of services.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
is this related to downhil? if not.....it would be really hard, in my opinion, to get another shop running in austin. hell, i don't even see how all the one's we have now are still open.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i asked over at the ARR site when you first brought this up, downhil, and other than Norco, Answer, and PX, the only thing people mentioned was a "relaxed atmosphere". i don't know if you've ever been to Hammerhead on 183, but Charles' shop is rather laid back. he's got a couch, a tv, some coloring books and crayons for his kid, and a fridge filled with beer. pretty much everyone that's been to his shop agrees that though he might not have the largest inventory, he's got the most relaxed place. they also said forming good relationships was important, but that's more individual than shop.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
inbred, you going to make it out to kerrville?

we're going to be bringing out some urban specific components...you should check it out.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i hadn't really given any thought to kerrville, actually. if i go, i won't plan on racing. wanna hook me up with a ride?

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
actually i might have a 6" bike you could ride or a hardtail...depending on what shawn wants to ride. we're going to try to camp friday night. what are you doing sunday? we're going to try to ride the jumps in georgetown if you wanna go. email me or pm me.

downhil@collegeclub.com