Quantcast

Big shock, Mayo B sample is positive

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Test it enough times and it will come back positive
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13812.0.html

The French national anti-doping laboratory at Châtenay-Malabry has confirmed the positive doping test for Spanish rider Iban Mayo, the daily sports newspaper l'Equipe reported on Wednesday.

Mayo, of the Saunier Duval team, was originally cleared by the Spanish cycling federation (RFEC) for the same offense.

The Spanish cycling federation in October cleared Mayo, who tested positive for blood-booster EPO during the 2007 Tour de France, claiming his second sample was negative.

However cycling's world governing body the UCI said at the time the second sample needed to be reanalysed.

The RFEC has been given till December 31 to look into the case again by the UCI. Should the RFEC decide not to punish the rider, who in theory would be banned for two years for a failed test, the UCI could then appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
1 year bans are the new black.
:rofl:

I have a suspicion he won't serve a ban, but will probably not be able to compete for the better part of a year. The spanish association will go to bat for him, which should help with an appeal

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I wonder how many times they had to test the 2nd sample ( and Spike it ) before it finally came up with the results they wanted .
Thats a good question, it probably something like this at the lab:
"Damn, they told us to get a positive test, but it keeps coming back negative. I've got an idea, take some EPO and we'll come back tomorrow, mix in some of your piss and then retest!"

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
No one. I could probably win the Tour. But no one wants to watch my fat butt take a month to finish the race.
fishing line is your friend, no one would see the line from the camera motorcycle to your bike.