Quantcast

Big ticket things you've sold, but later wished you hadn't

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
For me, I wish I'd kept my 1985 CJ-7. It was paid for. Wasn't costing me anything. No idea why I sold it. Kicking myself ever since.

My dad wishes he'd kept his 1971 Javelin....not a big fan personally...

Et vous?

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
My Fat chance Yo eddy is so far my biggest lost, what a du^^ a^^ i was for selling her.
also in the last few months, My white little Blafa i sold to Slope she was so perky and sharp but was to small for my long legs anyway i miss her a lot.

I also sold many of the prototypes i made over the years (from Bike shoes, tents, to motorcycle components) and did not even care then to document them with pictures, now they are lost somewere, the monetary value may not be much, but the sentimental and historic (for my own life and progress) is priceless.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Every bike I have ever sold, including road bikes. Contemplating selling the skinny tired thing now, to clear out the garage a bit. But I know as soon as I do, I will want to ride one again...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My domain name... Raked in a couple grand at the time but it was a worthy name and I kick myself every time I think about it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
77 Land Cruiser: sold

65 VW Beetle: gave away

I wish my brother had never sold his RWD NB. He regrets it sometimes to.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MMike said:
For me, I wish I'd kept my 1985 CJ-7. It was paid for. Wasn't costing me anything. No idea why I sold it. Kicking myself ever since.

My dad wishes he'd kept his 1971 Javelin....not a big fan personally...

Et vous?
i wish I never sold my LTS-1 to many memories
btw I have a 1985 cj-7 all black in damn good shape... i will not get rid of it

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My collection of autographed baseballs. I probably had 75 of them and some great names: Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Joe Dimaggio. I wish I still had them, but I sold them to help pay for college. At least it went to a good cause.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
My '84 Fender Strat

Roland Jazz Chorus 120

My custom made Alvarez electric...

Jackson RR "V"

Peavey custom Acoustic

I will NEVER sell my LP however...

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
wasn't really 'big ticket' ... but i sold my '82 ampeg v3 to buy my wife's road bike. (that sits gathering dust most of the year :( ). it was the most unique lil amp i've ever owned. i definitely miss it.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
corey_dcstreet said:
wasn't really 'big ticket' ... but i sold my '82 ampeg v3 to buy my wife's road bike. (that sits gathering dust most of the year :( ). it was the most unique lil amp i've ever owned. i definitely miss it.

yeah, that definitely counts.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
My 2000 Trek 7000. First real mountain bike that I owned. Took me half a year of working the maximum hours I could per week at the grocery store bagging groceries and taking in carts. Sucked but it was all worth it in the end. I miss it and want it back.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It wasn't mine but my dad and I worked on a VW Squareback for a winter in the garage to get it running. We finally did, the body was mint and it was a 1970 with AC and an Automatic. Sweet car, he sold it for like $1500, I still with I had it.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
sirknight6 said:
My '84 Fender Strat

Roland Jazz Chorus 120

I had an early '80s strat plus that was stolen from me after a show. I still miss that thing. But turn about's fair play I guess. I bought it in mint condition from a pawn shop for about $350. I always figured it was stolen anyway. I guess the circle of life and stolen goods continues. Hopefully somebody else got a good deal on it too and is still enjoying it today.

I still have my JC-120. though even though it's a reissue, it's still a great amp.

I also have some recording gear I sold that I sort of wish I didn't. Nothing major though.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the only thing i've sold that i wish i still had was my condo in boston, but we had to sell that to buy our house. keeping both was financially impossible.

still, had we had the $ we'd have made more than double what we sold it for, and it'd be nice to have an urban base too.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Don't fret too much. I really enjoy having it in my little box of souls. :evil:
You know that no matter how many souls you obtain, it will never make up for your lack of one, right?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Every time I freak out about paying a bill or really want a new bike, I consider selling my early 90s agave blue Telecaster, which I don't play as often as I'd like to. I know I'd kick myself daily however. I hate when your expensive hobbies compete with one another for time and money

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Back in the early Nineties I had a rust free unrestored un molested 65' VW Westfalia Camper that "my wife" convinced me to sell to help in buying a house, Sold the bus in 95' got divorced in 99' sold house split proceeds,and my share barely paid my legal fees... and now Busses have quadrupled in value, man I miss my bus....

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
bluebug32 said:
Every time I freak out about paying a bill or really want a new bike, I consider selling my early 90s agave blue Telecaster, which I don't play as often as I'd like to. I know I'd kick myself daily however. I hate when your expensive hobbies compete with one another for time and money
Never sell I guitar you like, just a rule of thumb.......

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
MunkeeHucker said:
Never sell I guitar you like, just a rule of thumb.......
i'm in the same boat... i always think about how little i play my '72 reiss tele thinline. and how nice it would be to have an extra $500 or so floating around.

i'm really glad i never sold it.

oddly enough, it's my wife that always talks me out of selling it. :think:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
corey_dcstreet said:
i'm in the same boat... i always think about how little i play my '72 reiss tele thinline. and how nice it would be to have an extra $500 or so floating around.

i'm really glad i never sold it.

oddly enough, it's my wife that always talks me out of selling it. :think:
Rob always talks me out of selling mine (I think he just likes to play it too)

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
'65 Ford Falcon Futura hardtop - white with black stripe; red & black engine

I miss my "baby bird."

My mother offered me a loan to replace the transmission (it was my only car) and a few months after getting it replaced she asked for the loan money back. I couldn't afford to pay it back yet so she made me sell the car in order to pay her back for the repairs.

Totally heartbreaking.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
67 VW Karmann Ghia - Damn I miss that car.

Ibanez Saber guitar - Not really big ticket but she played so nice.

Yeti DH9 - Too big for me at a medium but a damn fine bike.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Capt. Jack, that sucks.

Me: The pimp dyno freestyle bike that I sold in 1990 to pay some stupid, long forgotten bills (you know, rent or something :rolleyes: ).

The drums I sold a year later for the same reason.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
I miss a '78 Silverburst Les Paul Custom that was still in perfect condition after over 20 years of play.

a '93 whale blue PRS Custom 24 with a "10" top, dragon pickups and old style trem

a 90something US made strat with lace pickups and a couple mods I made to the switches

a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectumfinder Trem-o-verb head and 2x12 cab

I also miss every vintage bike part I ever sold at cost when I should have saved them to sell to all the suckers who are paying well over retail these days.

I miss my #11 Titanium WTB Phoenix

and I miss my '94 Toyota 4x4 that wasn't sold, but rather rolled (and totalled)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
MMike said:
I ALMOST sold my ES335.....I kept it, but I almost never touch it. I have switched my amp on in over a year....
You sell that and I'll actually hate you! ;)

Now, as far as the amp, I could take that off your hands and put it to good use....:p

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
PonySoldier said:
A feature of any Triumph Automobile...

My Dad has a '62 TR3A rusting away in the yard. I keep telling him to part it out on ebay but he suffers from "can't seem to part with it even though it hasn't started since 1979" disease.