Quantcast

Big ticket things you've sold, but later wished you hadn't

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I shoulda kept my '83 RX7 - it was in perfect shape and I sold it for pocket change to some chump who probably crashed it.

I also just sold my surfboard, which is making me a bit uneasy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MunkeeHucker said:
... and now Busses have quadrupled in value, man I miss my bus....
Even the rusty ones.

If you had the space/money, finding them and selling/shipping them to Europe/Japan would be a great side business.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Sometimes I get a little bummed when I think about my Kona Stinky that I sold and squandered the money ever so quickly - I suspected I'd never again be able to scrape together enough money for another big bike (and it's held true for 3.5 years), but I seldom rode it and it was overkill for living in Michigan.

I still have "that bike" ('97 Kona Kilauea frame from the Kona scratch and dent pile, rides so nice) and "that guitar" (Fernandes Dragonfly given to me by my best friend from college and still favorite musical collaborator), although they're both pretty modest - hardly big ticket.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Buck Fever said:
I miss a '78 Silverburst Les Paul Custom that was still in perfect condition after over 20 years of play.

I miss my #11 Titanium WTB Phoenix
These are some NOICE pieces here. I hope you had a good reason to sell the Phoenix.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I sold a bunch one first issue comic books....I wanted to take a year or two off from work.....now some of them are worth ten times what I sold them for......:(

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
maxyedor said:
The '58 was a 88' convertable, bone stock, even had electrics by satan.
The '68 was a lengthened chassis making it roughly a 130' four door pick-up, I think it's down in mexico on a ranch somewhere.
Those things can go for monopoly money to.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
maybe i'm weird, but i sell a lot of stuff and don't regret it. :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ghostrider said:
I shoulda kept my '83 RX7 - it was in perfect shape and I sold it for pocket change to some chump who probably crashed it.

I also just sold my surfboard, which is making me a bit uneasy.
I had a '82 RX-7 back in '84. Fun car and the only Japanese car I've ever owned.