Quantcast

Bigfoot MTNx Training Ride and Race

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Here's the info...

Bigfoot MTNx flier

As you can see, we've dropped the DH. Just not enough interest and we really want to keep this simple.

There is no entry fee and this is not a "race". We will sign up for starting gates and will run motos. But nothing official.

Date is Sunday April 9th. Sign up will end at 10:30 and motos will begin at 11.

Again, 2 classes and its going to be run like a BMX race. So no one and done.

Of course bring your big bikes for all the fun that Bigfoot offers, plus Windrock will be jamming as well.

See you there.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
spoke80 said:
Are we gonna make course changes before this event?
Yes, we are going to slow the course down and offer more pedaling and rollers to promote passing opportunities. I will keep the locals informed about a work day.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
FYI, Holyrollers pumped up to 60psi is great for dirt jumping, but I don't suggest it for the MTNx course. Profro fall down and go boom! :eek: :help:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
FYI, Holyrollers pumped up to 60psi is great for dirt jumping, but I don't suggest it for the MTNx course. Profro fall down and go boom! :eek: :help:
But the holyrollers are perfect for the air-to-flair-to-back leg burn!:rofl:

btw, how's your wrist?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
spoke80 said:
But the holyrollers are perfect for the air-to-flair-to-back leg burn!:rofl:

btw, how's your wrist?
That was such a cool noise. :oink:

My wrist is totally ganked. :nopity: I'll hit the road bike for a few days. Its not like I can ride my DJ anyway with the broken shifter.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
That was such a cool noise. :oink:

My wrist is totally ganked. :nopity: I'll hit the road bike for a few days. Its not like I can ride my DJ anyway with the broken shifter.
You only need one gear.....:oink:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
Profro fall down and go boom! :eek: :help:
that's some pretty funny stuff right there.
i might have to archive that statement for use later on down the trail.

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
There was a work day planned for Saturday, however the bobcat wasn't able to make it, so the work was moved to my house. I think Doug wants to let the place get rained on prior to making the major changes planned for the 4x track. There will be several work days between now and April though, and hopefully the county will drop some dirt off before then also. Doug, (Profro) I'm sure will keep all those willing to help informed as all those willing to help are much appreciated.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
We have updated the track to slow it down and offer up some more action and passing. By luck, Chris Herndon and Steve Wentz were passing thru town this afternoon and they rode the course and offered up some excellent advice to tune the new sections.

The first new thing is a new roller before the first table out of the gate. I took the jump that was the dirt jump that was on the left of the course. The dirt jump was never in the race and not many hit it while goofing off, so its now a roller all the way acrss the course. Its a pretty good gap. I didn't get a real good pic, but here's a pic of Chris coming down the course and jumping to the table.

The next change is were the next table used to be. Its now a berm. You can see how the course now corners back to the right and is followed up by lots of rollers. The number of lines in this section is crazy.

Now looking at it from down the course.

Then some show-off shots...

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Hey Knoxville locals: Dig/prep day this Thurday at Bigfoot. I'll be there around 4:30 - 5:00 to do some course prep and an ass load of grooming. If you ride bigfoot please show up if you can. If you can't then try to be there in spirit.:love:

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
Profro, have there been any attempts at mapping what has been done lately at Bigfoot? I got a new bike yesterday, going up there this afternoon, but not very familiar with the backside of the park.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
GotMyGED said:
Profro, have there been any attempts at mapping what has been done lately at Bigfoot? I got a new bike yesterday, going up there this afternoon, but not very familiar with the backside of the park.

You are now!

Oh, I'll be there today to play in the clay!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
cracks me up, everybodies desire for maps of every trail around.
what ever happened to finding out the fun way what goes where and where this comes out, etc....

even though it's not a place i frequent, i appreciate the work you guys have done to turn that place around.
saw ya'll's cars there yesterday on the way home from the rock.
what a beautiful day it was to ride !!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
just read about the new trail in pisgahs bent creek area.
just imagine if the local trail system across the lake had a couple of trails with jumps and berms ? how much fun would that be ?

whoa, deja vu.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
just read about the new trail in pisgahs bent creek area.
just imagine if the local trail system across the lake had a couple of trails with jumps and berms ? how much fun would that be ?

whoa, deja vu.
Don't start!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Me, biker3, and another buddy are heading out to windrock next weekend. I will be looking for you Butch.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
bizutch said:
reminds me...better go break it to the wife now. lots of yardwork this weekend for me....lots.
Hahahahahahah...hope you had a good time. It'll be worth it. :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Sherpa said:
Hahahahahahah...hope you had a good time. It'll be worth it. :thumb:
wow...never knew digging and carrying mulch non-stop would make your hamstrings turn to taffy.

I did have to take a break to watch the Supercross though....Windham's back...yeah.