Quantcast

Bike build or complete for tall and big guy.

ccd1977

Chimp
Oct 27, 2012
Hey all. I am 6' 2" and 350lbs. My son just started riding land/street and I am going to join him. I am looking for something where I can do some bar spins, bunny hops and just cruisin the town with my son and hopefully shed some lbs.

I am looking for either a 24" cruiser or 26 MTB with BMX cruiser style feel. I am really liking the Sunday Model C but the BB looks way too high at 13+ and I am not really liking the over the handle bars feel. There are no LBS that have any 24" to ride and see if I like em and the only 26" around are all non-Dj or BMX styles.

So, my budget is $500 for new or used bike and I will drop another $300 on a wheelset for strength. My local Craigslist is slim pickins too. I figure I can just lace up some wheels to handle me as well with the bike.

So have any suggestions?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
an all rigid DJ mtb like the Haro Steel Reserve 1.1 might be a good option for you. the handlebars may be kinda low, but if you swapped some 4" or 5" rise bmx cruiser bars on it, you'd have a pretty sick looking 26" BMX. you will have a much more "in the bike" feel than with a Sunday 24" (although those are cool too, if you run tall bars, like 8" or maybe even 9" for you).