Quantcast

Bike Check.... again

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Just built it up yesterday. Rides like a dream. Feels nice to be a on a real bike now.

Black Market MOB
Halo Hubs (Front diskless)
MTX 33 Rims
Profile cranks with Ti spindle and bolts
Avid Elixer CR Brake
Thompson
Deity bars
Fox 36 Float R lowered to 90mm

Thats about it. Enjoy

HUGE thanks to Luby at DirtLabs and everyone at The Fix Bike Shop. And last but not least,Shawn Spomer, for helping me through all the rough times.

Last edited:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Hate to dig up an old post but how do you guys like the lowered 36's on the BlKMkrts?
I ask because I have a geared Mob with a pike 426 uturn on it for all around riding and I am building up a ss MOB also. I just picked up a barely used float 36 rc2 for the same price that used r's are going for plus its black from Fox. How hard is it to lower and I am wondering if it can go as low as 80mm? What height do you find is good on the BMs?

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
i didn't do any special work. i just turned the talas nob so that there's 100mm of travel. I don't see a big difference between 100 and 80 so i just left it at 100. If you think about it... when you're standing and pedaling, the sag on the fork will be about 80mm anyway.

4inches on BM is fine but if you want to dissect your fork for 20mm be my guest. lol

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
How hard is it to lower and I am wondering if it can go as low as 80mm? What height do you find is good on the BMs?
It's super easy. The procedure is outlined on their online tech manual. You'll need some spacers, a little bit of fork oil, and some float fluid. Time . . . about 15 minutes.

I ran one at 90mm on my old black market and on my new superco. Worked great!

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
It's super easy. The procedure is outlined on their online tech manual. You'll need some spacers, a little bit of fork oil, and some float fluid. Time . . . about 15 minutes.

I ran one at 90mm on my old black market and on my new superco. Worked great!
Ran one? I guess you are using something else now? Did you have any problems with the 36? Why did you change it?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Nope. I'm now rocking an '09 36 float on my SuperCo. Rides like a dream. Stiff as can be. Zero issues, ever. Same with Seliger.
Lowered mine to 80mm today. was really easy. Only thing is i don't have a manual for it, So i am not sure of what air pressures i can run. i have it at 100psi now and it feels good but I feel like it needs a little more air. I don't want to wreck the air cartridge.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Thanks I found those earlier today the highest the have listed is 95psi. I was wondering if it could go higher. My X-Fusion can take as high as 250psi but the cartridge is different.
Also the weird thing is I had taken the instructions from the shop tech section and there it lists 25cc of oil in the lower leg but in the owners manual section it says 30cc of oil. I already put the fork back together with 25cc. Will this be a problem?

The other thing is I don't know if its an 08 or 09.

Last edited: