Quantcast

BIKE CHECK:: Grove + NemPro = HAWT!

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Hey all...

Well, the title says it all, really. I've made some major swaps on my newest rig...

Current spec is as follows...

Frame Geo
HT Angle: 69
ST Angle: 71
TT Length: 23.5"
CS Length: 15.375" w/ BB @ shortest point
BB Height: 13"

The Build
Fork: '06 Fox 36 Talas (I LOVE THIS THING!!)
Cranks: Hot Rods
BB: Shimano XT outboards
Stem: NemPro black (THANKS BRAD!!)
Bars: NemPro Weezy Jefferson's 3.25" (THANKS BRAD!!)
R Hub: KHE Geisha 11t
F Hub: DMR Revolver
Rims: Sun Single Tracks
Tires: R Kiniption/F Motodigger
Brake: J7's F 185 R 160 w/ Goodridge & Straightlines ;)
Chainring: FIT 25t
Seat: NemPro Pivotal (THANKS BRAD!!)
Pedals: DMR V.12 Mag's
Grips: ODI Ruffian Lockons (THANKS BRAD!!)
Chain: KMC 710 SL Gold
Headset: Red CK

Obivous changes would be the cockpit, chain, seat/post, and fork... The fork may, or may not be there to stay. It's actually a friends - he didn't like air, and I wanted to try it. So he's running my pike while I give his 36 a shot. So far, it looks like they might be here to stay ;)

First off - I cannot say enough good things about Brad and what he's doing to this industry. I wanted my bars to match my frame, Brad was totally chill with sending me a raw set to paint up and even included a bunch of decals!! (Sorry, I put the bars on after the first coat of clear just to take some pics, but I shalt be putting the decals on w/ another coat of clear to protect them afterwords) I am so stoked on this saddle, too!! I saw some pictures of them at the start of sea otter and decided I NEEDED one once they hit the market. Welp, Brad hooked me up HUGE by sending this puppy along with my bar/stem before they are even available to the general public! You kickass, man.

Second - These products are par-none some of the BEST out there on the market. I have 100% confidence that the stem and bar themselves will take one HELL of a beating... Even just riding up and down my driveway, I can tell these bars are the ****. 29" wide?! Talk about stability!!

Enough of my blabbing... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Yet again Brad, Can't say enough good things about you and your company... KEEP IT UP!! Straight up, you provide. End of story.

Thanks for lookin'

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
WoW thank you for all the RAD! compliments Aaron .
Your bike kick's ass I'm just happy we could show some support !

BTW: this thread is the coolest thing that happened to me today , yea it was a really s!itty day today :-(
Thanks for making a bad day allot better Aaron !!

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Hey man - the brown package that had you're name in the return address made my past TWO days!! I love seein' bikes come together.

I can't thank you enough, man! I'll be rippin' it hard this weekend considering its memorial day and all that jazz. Just one more day to get out and ride in my book ;)

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Damn Aaron, just when I thought that bike couldn't get any sexyer.

I love how the bars are color matched to the frame.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I didn't know such a rad bike could get even better but it has. Super clean build that's almost too nice looking to ride. Almost.

The only thing I would do to it is take off those Singletrack stickers to show off the paint and lines of the frame. I love Sun rims but their stickers are a little too much.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Damn Aaron, just when I thought that bike couldn't get any sexyer.

I love how the bars are color matched to the frame.
Thanks bro - I tried to pimp it out to where I want it NOW at the beginning of the season so that I can't b*tch about my parts half-way through :biggrin: Now I'll be good to go.

Brad hooked me up with a set of RAW bars right off the bender so that I could paint them to match my frame. Whenever I know what fork I will be riding, IE pike, or talas, I plan on painting the lowers and possibly crowns on those.

That paint job looks like it would cost a fortune. Did you do it yourself?
I painted it myself with leftover stock from my dad's hayday. I have painted a few frames now, probably 3 or 4 tops, and its a lot of fun. But it is a very expensive hobby to have to go out and start.

that's a huge fork for some park and dj's...
Thankss. I tried to go big. I'll take that as a compliment ;)

I didn't know such a rad bike could get even better but it has. Super clean build that's almost too nice looking to ride. Almost.

The only thing I would do to it is take off those Singletrack stickers to show off the paint and lines of the frame. I love Sun rims but their stickers are a little too much.

Stickers were going to get taken off tonight, actually. They kill the look bec. the frame, etc is pretty much decal-less. Kills the "Clean" look.

Thanks for all the compliments, all. Brad hooked me up huge, thats for sure.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Second - These products are par-none some of the BEST out there on the market. I have 100% confidence that the stem and bar themselves will take one HELL of a beating... Even just riding up and down my driveway, I can tell these bars are the ****. 29" wide?! Talk about stability!!
Don't you mean "bar none"?

Nice job on the paint. The way those bends are on those bars makes them look REALLY wide. Back in my bmx days, I'd slide my brake lever as far onto the bend as I could get it, put the grip on, and then cut the rest off... so wide bars look REALLY wide to me.