Quantcast

Bike Clinics - Sugoi Dirt Series 2007 Schedule

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
They finally posted their 2007 schedule in case anyone is interested...

http://www.dirt-series.com/index.htm

April
[21-22] Santa Cruz, CA
[28-29] San Rafael, CA
May
[12-13] North Vancouver, BC
[19-20] Calgary, AB
[21] Calgary, AB
June
[2-3] Whistler, BC
June 16-August 5
We are finalizing dates for camps in Bellingham, WA, Hood River, OR, Bend, OR, Park City, UT, Whistler, BC, and likely North Vancouver, BC. Details coming very soon.
August
[11-12] Canmore, AB
[18-19] Fernie, BC
[25-26] Blue River, BC
September
[15-16] Whistler, BC

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
The clinic in Santa Cruz rocked. It was so fun, I'm signing up even if i have to call in sick to work for that weekend.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
They just posted June dates for Bellingham, Hood River, and Bend. I'm interested in Bellingham or the Bend clinic. I'll need to see the details of the two sites, when they are posted.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
April
[21-22] Santa Cruz, CA
[28-29] San Rafael, CA
May
[12-13] North Vancouver, BC
[19-20] Calgary, AB
[21] Calgary, AB
June
[2-3] Whistler, BC
[16-17] Bellingham, WA
[23-24} Hood River, OR
[30-July 1] Bend, OR
July
[7-8] Park City, UT
[14-15] North Vancouver, BC
August
[4-5] Whistler, BC
[11-12] Canmore, AB
[18-19] Fernie, BC
[25-26] Blue River, BC (co-ed)
September
[15-16] Whistler, BC (co-ed)

Updated!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Snacks, redFoxx said I should check out this forum! :)
Apparently I've gotten my cyberspace people mixed up. Who knew GrapeApe wasn't a dude????

Snacks, we're all going to hit up bend the first week of June. Come on down! Yes, the trails are that good. Heidi just takes them for granted though... ;) We plan on getting her and Cate back out for some laps for sure!

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Borneo is just not admitting he lurks here! And I think GrapeApe unveiled herself and her bike in the PNW forum...:wave:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Apparently I've gotten my cyberspace people mixed up. Who knew GrapeApe wasn't a dude????

Snacks, we're all going to hit up bend the first week of June. Come on down! Yes, the trails are that good. Heidi just takes them for granted though... ;) We plan on getting her and Cate back out for some laps for sure!
What are the dates? Are they posted on the BBTC site?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yep. May 31 through June 3rd.

It's also Picketts Charge weekend so (OR) Heidi may be racing... :)

Maybe a little McKenzie on the way home or a dry side Gray Butte/Skull Hollow ride.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Oh, we're probably out for a 4 day weekend. We are outta town May23rd - 28th camping in Winthrop. Month end is May 26th, so I'll be busy the following week.

Maybe we can shoot down for just the weekend.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yep. May 31 through June 3rd.

It's also Picketts Charge weekend so (OR) Heidi may be racing... :)

Maybe a little McKenzie on the way home or a dry side Gray Butte/Skull Hollow ride.
I doubt I'll race, it's too much on my knee. I might volunteer and help out at the race though. Borneo - look for my ride report tomorrow regarding Gray/Skull hollow. We rode there this weekend and had a great time.:monkeydance: :monkeydance:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Will do! The loop from the CG out and around CCW with the optional out and back tot eh top of Burma Road is a great little ride on the way back from Bend! I'm surprised it's snow free right now though!
Snacks, we'll be in Leavenworth Mem weekend for a wedding and then Winthrop for a wedding just a few weeks later so I'm fitting this annual trip in between those. May have to move it one week later depending on snow. I gotta have my Farewell climb to Mrazek you know! Watch the calendar.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA

Ha! I just saw that! You mean my Pug avatar doesn't give my gender away??? :weee:

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Did anyone decide to hit any of these clinics? I'm doing the June 2/3rd @ Whistler. I know the upper mountain won't be open yet, but considering all I've ever done is green trails, I'll have plenty to keep me occupied. Anyone else going?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'm torn between the co-ed class up there in Sept (we'd be on valley trails), the Bellingham clinic, or the Bend one.....maybe all three:shocked:

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
BetterRide with Gene Hamilton ups the ante again by joining forces with Marla Streb to put on the best mountain bike skills coaching in the US.

Baltimore, MD: The BetterRide Mountain Bike Camp will take place on June 2-4, 2007. This camp is limited to ensure the optimal athlete coach ratio of 7 to 1. This is an amazing opportunity to learn from the most experienced mtb skills coach in the US and one of the most talented racers in the sport.

Marla has recently started joining Gene as a guest coach in his BetterRide camps. Their first camp together sold out and was a big hit with the riders.

“My first run down the mountain was on a trail that I had ridden many times before. Gene was following me half way down (to see if I was really paying attention) and it was my best run ever!!! That one run alone was worth the fee for the clinic, I was so impressed with what I had learned so far! And talking about someone that knows, the highlight of the clinic (how about my life) for me was getting several chances to ride behind Marla. She is so fast and makes it look so easy it’s almost like watching a ballerina on a bike it was amazing and very helpful for me.” -Chris Shelley

Designed for recreational riders and racers, this is a fun and informative mountain bike skills camp. Improve your skills, gain confidence and enjoy your riding and/or racing! Start beating your friends and/or drop 2-6 minutes an hour off your race times.

When: June 2-8, 2007
Where: Baltimore, MD

Who: 14 lucky riders

Information: http://www.betterride.net

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
Did anyone decide to hit any of these clinics? I'm doing the June 2/3rd @ Whistler. I know the upper mountain won't be open yet, but considering all I've ever done is green trails, I'll have plenty to keep me occupied. Anyone else going?
I'm thinking about doing the park city one. I was thinking the other day that every year I do a ski camp, but rarely do anything similar for biking, with the exception of the one BetterRide camp I did about 4 years ago.