Quantcast

Bike-familiar anodizer?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Looking to get some stuff ano'd and I want it all from the same company so it all matches. I've found a few Powder Coating companies that are bicycle oriented...but they apparently don't know how to answer phones. Or check mesages. Or return phone calls when their kid answers the phone while they're at lunch...?
I think I'm looking at ano'd orange...and if you've ever looked at orange stuffs before, they're ALLL different.
Bullcrew, you need to get back in da biz, homie...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Looking to get some stuff ano'd and I want it all from the same company so it all matches. I've found a few Powder Coating companies that are bicycle oriented...but they apparently don't know how to answer phones. Or check mesages. Or return phone calls when their kid answers the phone while they're at lunch...?
I think I'm looking at ano'd orange...and if you've ever looked at orange stuffs before, they're ALLL different.
Bullcrew, you need to get back in da biz, homie...
Someday, it was alot of fun!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
What's it involve and is it spendy? I seriously have absolutely NO clue what's entailed!
And are you ever gonna do some decals for me or what? I've PM'd you atleast like 706 times for stuff... Now I have ANOTHER new bike(because I couldn't get sweet stickems for the last one) and I'm going to need some sick custom work...

Oct 29, 2007
Check out Absolute Finish. They did my '03 Orange Patriot, two colors, one for the swingarm and one for the triangle. They can do plenty of colors, or a hard-ano that is a lot more durable, but only in black or "clear" (kind of gold like a fork stanchion, which is also hard-ano btw). Very reasonable price, great service, and knowledgeable about bikes, including a rider on staff.

They can do stripping of the paint too, but it's best if you take of the stickers yourself to save them time. About 2 week turn-around in my case.

absolutefinish.com

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
What's it involve and is it spendy? I seriously have absolutely NO clue what's entailed!
And are you ever gonna do some decals for me or what? I've PM'd you atleast like 706 times for stuff... Now I have ANOTHER new bike(because I couldn't get sweet stickems for the last one) and I'm going to need some sick custom work...
LMAO! It was 705 times dont get all righteous!:D
From what I have heard and thats very little I think Absolute can still do some OK work. I have not seen anything other than a few rumors in the mill that they are still doing it and its coming out OK.
Definently remove stickers and anything else as well, any metal ie inserts etc.. If it isnt aluminum remove it!!!!!!!!!

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
where caqn you get that really rough ano? like the ones on santa cruz's. i dont really like the smooth ano, but i stil prefer it to powder coat.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
where caqn you get that really rough ano? like the ones on santa cruz's. i dont really like the smooth ano, but i stil prefer it to powder coat.
This has nothing to do with the ano itself. The raw part has been media blasted to give it the desired texture. It's cheaper to build bikes this way because the machined parts can have a worse finish, and still come out looking the same.
Your anodizer may be able to do this for you, maybe not.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Spliffy-
Your rig is actually what reminded me that I've been wanting to post this thread.
Can brake levers be done as well? Are they aluminum or an alloy?
Also, Powder Coating could work as well, I could just do a Candy Orange or something, but Considering it'll mostly be small to tiny parts that have exact clearances, I'm not sure that's the best idea.

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
Spliffy-
Your rig is actually what reminded me that I've been wanting to post this thread.
Can brake levers be done as well? Are they aluminum or an alloy?
Also, Powder Coating could work as well, I could just do a Candy Orange or something, but Considering it'll mostly be small to tiny parts that have exact clearances, I'm not sure that's the best idea.
you can do your levers, I am getting some shimano ones done as well as some e-13 stuff rings, and back plates. Also sdg post clamp and avid shifter lev and shift brake mount. Powder coat is good on some stuff but its hard if the shop does not do much bike stuff small thing may get to much paint flash and over spray for smaller tech peices